Rewinding Live HD

cemetery_man

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Clearfield, PA
I've been having a problem the last couple months when watching something HD on live tv and rewinding back doesn't work and switches to live tv. Is this normal or should I call DISH?

722. I have tried unplugging it. On another note, it's be downloading for over an hour. I thought it was only supposed to do that in the wee hours of the morning.

You can go into the setup menu and check/set the time that your receiver does daily updates. When you first get the receiver it is set for 3AM, so if you did not change it, that is when it should be updating.

Regardless, both of your symptoms are not normal, if resetting the receiver does not fix it then you definitely have a problem.

I've been having a problem the last couple months when watching something HD on live tv and rewinding back doesn't work and switches to live tv. Is this normal or should I call DISH?
As said before, sounds like your hard drive is going south. Call for replacement.

If you have shows recorded you don't want to lose, get an external drive, it will cost $40 to "activate" it so you can copy shows to it, but you will then be able to save them and see them on your new 722.

When I got my local channels in HD a couple months ago the installer gave me a different number to call if there's any problems in the next 6 months from that install. That number is for the installer's tech support. I called it and all reps were busy so I left a message. Then I got on Dish's site and did the chat support and they're sending me a new 722. I'm trying to get my other normal dish receiver to work. It worked on my smaller tv so I hooked it up to my big tv and it is on 0 of 5 progress and keeps going through other transponders but is not connecting and it's making a high pitched sound.

I got the other receiver working now so I can at least watch tv until the new 722 arrives. I was using my panasonic dvr to copy some programs before this happened but if I get the external can I hook it up to my pc to transfer the programs via usb? I don't think it will work if my 722 doesn't turn on.

Is this happening on sat channels or on OTA channels because I have this problem, at times, when viewing OTA via my 722K, but only OTA.

I've been having the same problem. I'll rewind and it will instantly go right back to Live Tv. I'll push rewind and just let it go and it will say I'm at the beginning and it will go like 10 seconds ahead and skip parts.

I've seen the position jump back to the beginning of the recording if I rewound or forwarded. This was happening on an OTA channel with a bad/intermittent signal. When the signal level came back up to "normal" the problem disappeared. It was not nice to have to only use play and pause and restart an hour show after watching say 1/2 hour. So station problem there.
-Ken

I was watching the super bowl and tried to rewind back to rewatch a funny commercial and it wouldn't work. I watched a couple football games a few weeks ago on ESPN HD and the screen froze different times. I recorded some shows on NBC HD and they skipped or got pixelated when playing back. One show froze and never unfroze. I can't get my 722 to turn on so using an external drive is probably useless now.

I've seen the position jump back to the beginning of the recording if I rewound or forwarded. This was happening on an OTA channel with a bad/intermittent signal. When the signal level came back up to "normal" the problem disappeared. It was not nice to have to only use play and pause and restart an hour show after watching say 1/2 hour. So station problem there.
-Ken

My very same experience.

Hit the skip back button , you know you want to do it! Just wait till you get to hit skip forward button on commercials on recorded shows! That is the best part.:up:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)