Rewire for HD Upgrade?

joeh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Louisville, KY Aera
I am upgrading to HD on Monday, the installer will be putting up a 1000.2, When I called in and talked to a CSR last week they said that the installer would have to run all new wiring under my house. Does anyone know the reasoning behind this? I have quad shielded RG6 under the house going all the way out to my DP34 switch.
thanks

Depends. Are you replacing an SD receiver with just one HD? If so, no new wiring needed. If new HD is an addition to, yes, you will need another line going to it.

Depends. Are you replacing an SD receiver with just one HD? If so, no new wiring needed. If new HD is an addition to, yes, you will need another line going to it.

I currently have 3 receivers which will all be replaced by a new HD receiver. I have a 625 which has 2 RG6 lines going to it that will be replaced with a 722, a 301 with 1 rg6 line that is going to be replaced with a 612, and another 301 with 1 rg6 line that is going to be replaced with a self install 211 that was purchased from dishstore.net!

Four lines coming in will be more than enough. The only lines that might have to be added if you are planning to run more than one TV off a single dual tuner receiver.

When they installed my 1000.2 (upgrade from a 500) they re-ran all the wiring from the dish to my basement. They ran 2 dual RG6 cables with an integrated ground. These were run into a block splicer and then my exisiting coax connected to that. The installer said it was standard for the new installs so you might get that...

What crap. There is no reason to run new cable as long as it is up to par for HD installs. The cable is no different. Man I wish dish would educate their CSRs. More receivers may require more runs but the cable should be fine.

Thanks for the info, I will post what happens after the install on Monday. I am scheduled for a 8-12 so I'm expecting them sometime after 12 (LOL).

I currently have 3 receivers which will all be replaced by a new HD receiver. I have a 625 which has 2 RG6 lines going to it that will be replaced with a 722, a 301 with 1 rg6 line that is going to be replaced with a 612, and another 301 with 1 rg6 line that is going to be replaced with a self install 211 that was purchased from dishstore.net!

EDIT: Changed original post. Forgot that the 1000.2 LNBF has 3 receiver outputs on it so the op should be fine although the techs will need to remove your DP34 switch from your configuration.

One rule to always remember, "CSR's usually have no idea what their talking about". They answer questions by reading from a check list. Don't sweat what they told you, they have no idea what's in your house and if it needs to be replaced or not. The installer will tell you whats needed, it doesn't sound to me like you should need any new cable.

The installer arrived at 8:15am believe it or not! Took down the old Dish 500, put new grounding blocks in, mounted new dish 1000.2 and peaked it, took out the switch, replaced the receivers, hooked up 1 rg6 coming from the dish into a dish pro plus separator, activated the receivers and was out of here. My signal levels look good on 110 and 119, the 129 is down in the 20's is that normal for 129??

I would say that is a bit low for the 129 satellite. At the very minimum you should be in the 30's.

you don't need any new cable..Why anyone would want to r4eplace quad shield on purpose is a mystery to me
hope all went well

The installer arrived at 8:15am believe it or not! Took down the old Dish 500, put new grounding blocks in, mounted new dish 1000.2 and peaked it, took out the switch, replaced the receivers, hooked up 1 rg6 coming from the dish into a dish pro plus separator, activated the receivers and was out of here. My signal levels look good on 110 and 119, the 129 is down in the 20's is that normal for 129??

Dish needs repeaking,,the 129 sigs should be in the 50's...at the minimum..now if you are in one of the far corners of the corners of the country, the sigs will be lower....but 20's are to low....
much too low

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)