Rex Hudler, Steve Physioc no longer Angels broadcasters

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Rex played for the Orioles for a short time and in recent years he'd usually be interviewed on the sports talk shows here whenever the Birds were playing the Angels.

I personally get a kick out of him, but I can see where some people might find him easier to take in small doses.

The Angels are trying to copy the Dodgers in every manner, including the classic Vin Scully way of announcing (a single person doing both play by play and color).

Anyway, Steve was not that good of an announcer anyway, and Rex was way to dramatic.

I like Physioc, but I totally agree with the bolded part.

Sandra

The Angels aren't trying to copy the Dodgers. Rory Markus and Gubi will be the new tv announcers. Terry Smith and Jose Mota will be doing the radio broadcasts. I liked Hud and will miss him, but I couldn't stand Phys. Rory is a much better play by play guy.

Hey maybe they making room soon for the return of Joe Torre as a broadcaster like he did with the Angel's in the 80's on KTLA.. who remembers that?

I remember Torre and Reggie. Mr Snapple, Bob Starr was the worst. I hated Physioc but let me look this up while on the air Bob was the worst.

The Angels aren't trying to copy the Dodgers. Rory Markus and Gubi will be the new tv announcers. Terry Smith and Jose Mota will be doing the radio broadcasts. I liked Hud and will miss him, but I couldn't stand Phys. Rory is a much better play by play guy.
They are copying the Dodgers in just about every facet of the game, including claiming LA.

Its kind of ironic that they added the second broadcast team to be more like the other teams that have multiple broadcaster,s and now they are cutting back for supposedly the same reason!

I'm glad they made the decision they made, I wouldn't have minded Rex staying on board in some capacity, but Jose Mota always works well with Terry during spring training. I can go either way with Gubicza, but Rory is easily the best PBP guy we've had in years and I'm glad he's got the full time TV gig. Wonder if FSN will use Rex as a analyst for per and post game, and if not, who will they bring in?

They are copying the Dodgers in just about every facet of the game, including claiming LA.

Claiming LA is not copying the Dodgers....it was a marketing move and is the reason Angels fans get to watch all of the Angels games on Foxwest. Now if you want to really go into technicalities.....that LA on the Dodgers hats is a copy of the LA on the original Angels hats, dating all the way back to the minor league Angels team.

Believe me, Angels fans are not happy with the LA thing. But the truth is, people who don't live in the LA/OC area have always and will probably always call the entire region L.A. In fact it IS all part of the L.A. basin.

Virtually our entire coaching staff came out of the Dodgers organization. Mike Scioscia played under one of the greatest managers in the history of the game as a catcher...Tommy Lasorda. THE Truth is, the Dodgers of today are a shadow of the great team we all grew up loving and watching. There used to be two teams that when they played in the World Series the entire nation watched. The Yankees and the Dodgers. No one even seriously talks about the Dodgers in the World Series anymore. Quite frankly, it's sad. And the McCourts are gonna keep screwing it up with this divorce crap. The O'Malleys were the very soul of that team. When they sold it is when it fell. When Lasorda and Vin Scully are gone... there will be no historical link left in that entire organization that was part of it's history...

IF I were to say the Angels were copying anybody, it would be the Yankees in how they are building their franchise brand...by bringing back the old players and honoring the team's history. Arte Moreno is the best owner in the MLB right now and Mike Scioscia is probably the best manager. Tp say they ar ejust copying the Dodgers is to do them a disservice. They're BETTER than the Dodgers of the past decade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)