RF Demodulator info needed

cdmaxson1

Original poster
Dec 20, 2009
minnesota
I just converted to dish network and moved my old plasma tv (maxent mx-42vm11) downstairs to be used as the second (remote) feed from the Duo receiver. The installer ran a coax F-type connector feed to that tv.

Problem is there is no coax/F connector on the tv. There are various other video interfaces on the tv, but the only ones that seems to work properly are the component video interfaces.

So I need something to covert the coax F-connector feed to component video (Red/Green/Blue cables). I don't want to spend much as we won't often use this TV, but it may get the kids down there and out of our hair when we want to watch something else.

Radio Shack suggested an RF Demodulator but I wasn't able to find a cheap one with component video out.

Suggestions appreciated.

You can go through an old VCR, then composite out. Going RF to component will not give you any better picture.

Component out won't help you because that is video only, you still need red and white audio. That means you need to feed 5 RCA type cables from your sat receiver to the Maxent. I assume that the composite and "S"video jacks no longer work on the Maxent. TV2 dosen't have component out so TV1 would have to be used in the basement if you do connect with component.

Agreed, you won't get an HD picture on TV2 at all. I'd go with the RS RF Demodulator or as KAB suggested, if you have an old VCR around use its tuner...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)