RF signal splitting

Jim6395

Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Wisconsin
I am in need of some technical advice, I have a 622 in one room and a 222 in a second, I want to modulate room 2 from both receivers to other televisions in the house. I also would like to watch the 622 on the television with the 222 installed.
I only have one coax run throughout the house. Can I modulate and receive signals on the same coax? And if I need to boost signal from the two receivers, is that possible?

Thanks

yes, using diplexers and splitters. if you wanted to get technical with it, you could set up all tvs to be able to view any tuner you want on different channels.
a note though, i believe if you back feed the tv1 of the 622 to the tv1 of the 222 you wont be looking at a hi-def picture cause you'll be using coax for the feed.
you can split the line (with splitters) at any point on the uhf/vhf line, but never the line in between the diplexers, if that makes sense. if you use a splitter backwards and run the ufh/vhf from both tuners into a splitter, you have then combined the backfeeds, and both will show on different channels, as long as your receivers are modulated to output on different channels. for instance if your setup is already diplexed, you can either split from the uhf/vhf line behind the receiver or at the other diplexer location for that feed (i.e. basement) wehichever is more convenient to run cable from. mirroring the tv 1 feed will get a little more complicated, and you'll be viewing in standard def most likely.
also if you are adding mirror tvs, you have to make sure the tv's you are hooking up are set to receive signal on the proper channel. if your 222 tv 2 is on chan 60, then all tv's copied from that have to be on ch 60 air to receive that picture. you can set you 622 to 50 air or whatever and and watch that tuner on 50 air on the same tvs, if you have combined the backfeeds.
um...hope that makes sense.

The attached diagram may help. However, it only shows one receiver. Repeat this setup for the second receiver. Next, join the 2 agile modulator feeds into a 2-way splitter (to what is normally the 2 outs) and connect the in with a short cable to the in of the 4-way (yours may be 2-way, 3-way, ect.) splitter pictured in the diagram. With this setup all remote TV2's will have access to all modulated channels-TV1 and TV2 of both receivers. As mentioned in an earlier post, modulated TV1 signals are SD. The only way to get the TV1 HD from the 622 to the 222 TV1 is a direct connect via HDMI or Component.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• DistributionExample7[1].pdf
    310 KB · Views: 163

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts