RG59

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Patrick Smith

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Valdosta, GA
I have been having issues with one of my Joeys losing picture and rebooting 3 times a day. None of the other joeys are doing this so I swapped the one that has been messing up with one from another room and the issue stayed in the room location. The wire to this room is really old and I believe it may be RG59. Could this be causing my issue?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Yes, especially if you have bad connectors. The coax itself, if undamaged, should be fine for the signal. Any kinks or other visible damage?

Reactions: JSheridan
Yeah if it stayed with that room, and the coax is that old, just replace it. Like Navy said check the connectors if it is hard to change the coax.
Bad/corroded connectors is the number one reason I have seen failures.

IF (if being the operative word) you can easily replace the cable, I would personally go ahead and replace with RG6, might save some trouble in the future. Otherwise, like everyone else has said, I'd try to replacing connectors.

Reactions: KE4EST
If you pay for dish insurance call dish to fix the problem. Replacing a connector is easy BUT you really want it done right or more headaches are just around the corner.

IF you replace it, please be sure the new RG6 is "swept" to 3 GHz. A 3GHz coax is a good investment toward future proofing and may cost little or nothing more.

Reactions: NR2D
We have been having the same thing on all our joeys. All RG6 cable in our house. Happens mostly when using dvr functions or changing the channel after the unit has sat unused for a few hours. Never had this before H3. Has anyone noticed this too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)