Riddle (dish) H3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SLAM X2

Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
Massachusetts
unable to connect - have tried the following below —...

Current error message: unable to initialize the outdoor unit, live tv will be unavailable until outdoor unit can be initialized”

Just changed to hybrid LNB at noon - trying to connect since then, unplugged H3 and held off plugging back in until sats aquired numerous times...

This is with a Travler- main coax comes off roof and goes to hybrid solo hub (orange connector) then to H3

I am not a super tech guy - but am trying to make common sense of this and why I am not getting connected.

Tried dph 42 switch with other WA lnb - no go as well - switched out WA lnb for hybrid.

Any ideas??

Appreciate all responses

Thanks

CJ

unable to connect - have tried the following below —...

Current error message: unable to initialize the outdoor unit, live tv will be unavailable until outdoor unit can be initialized”

Just changed to hybrid LNB at noon - trying to connect since then, unplugged H3 and held off plugging back in until sats aquired numerous times...

This is with a Travler- main coax comes off roof and goes to hybrid solo hub (orange connector) then to H3

I am not a super tech guy - but am trying to make common sense of this and why I am not getting connected.

Tried dph 42 switch with other WA lnb - no go as well - switched out WA lnb for hybrid.

Any ideas??

Appreciate all responses

Thanks

CJ
Problems have been reported using a Hybrid LNB on a Traveler dish. My understanding is that not enough voltage is supplied. The best workaround is to use the original LNB with a DPH42 switch. Note that connecting a Hybrid LNB to the switch won't work. Run three lines from the original LNB to the switch and one line from output port 1 (this is important) on the switch to the Solo hub. Then reboot everything.

Reactions: HipKat
A Hybrid LNBF will work with a Trav'ler, it just takes a long time to seek the satellites. Long like up to an hour, long enough for the Trav'ler to give up and obtaining lock on the second try. The Trav'ler does not need a receiver to lock onto satellites.

When you put a Hybrid LNBF on the Trav'ler, there are three coax cables from the base to the Hybrid LNBF but the LNBF only uses two coax cables. The three coax cables are labels A, B, and C on the base of the Trav'ler. You have to insure coax C is connected to the second port on the Hybrid LNBF. That is the coax that the Trav'ler logic uses to seek the satellites. For consistency, make sure coax A is connected to the first port of the Hybrid LNBF and use Trav'ler Port A for connection to connect to the Solo Hub. Photos.

The best solution is the DPH 42 Switch with a DPP WA LNBF (regular) on the Trav'ler. The three coax cables from the Trav'ler base need to be connected the DPP LNBF, preferably A to LNBF Port 1, B to LNBF Port 2, and C to LNBF Port 3.

All three ports of the Trav'ler need to be connected to the inputs of the DPH 42 Switch. Attach the Power Injector to the DPH 42 Switch in-line with the Solo Hub. Photos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)