riddle me this ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a very simple progression of numbers:

The top line is: ONE "1", so the next line below = "11" (say it to yourself!) . Next line is "21" because the line above it is "two 1's". The next line down is: 1211, because the line above it is: ONE "2", and ONE "1".

My answer is because the last line the OP gave, consists of THREE "1's", followed by ONE "3", followed by ONE "2", followed by ONE "1", followed by ONE "3", followed by ONE "2" followed by TWO "1's"

Translation: 31 13 12 11 13 12 21 Which is my answer. Very simple when you don't try to over think it.

So, what's the next number? ;)

Last edited:
This riddle, absent specific rules to solve, has more than one correct answer. You already suggested one correct answer using rows. How about a second correct answer using columns.

This riddle, absent specific rules to solve, has more than one correct answer. You already suggested one correct answer using rows. How about a second correct answer using columns.

Don, there's only one proper and clearly built-in inherent ("specific", per YOU) answer based on the layout and direct question the OP provided, (I quote: "Whats (Sic) the next Sequence of numbers") which I already gave. Otherwise, it would be totally random, and not follow any rules that could be deciphered by another person.

If you think there's another one that fits the OP's model, then I challenge you to provide it yourself.

I always love it when some think their answer is the only.

When some think only in 2 dimensions, I look to 3 for another solution. When others think only in 3 dimensions, I look to 4 for another.

You fail in creative thinking because you limit yourself to assumptions that are not stated. You think in one dimension. I chose to view the riddle in two dimensions. Your rows. And my columns.

You may wish to add more rules to the problem but that would be changing rules to give your answer an advantage after others surface.

Here's another hint: You don't have to add to more than 4 to solve the puzzle vertically.

If I asked what is the next number in this sequence: 1,2,3,4. I would expect an answer of 5.

?

Answer is still 5

I always love it when some think their answer is the only.

When some think only in 2 dimensions, I look to 3 for another solution. When others think only in 3 dimensions, I look to 4 for another.

You fail in creative thinking because you limit yourself to assumptions that are not stated. You think in one dimension. I chose to view the riddle in two dimensions. Your rows. And my columns.

You may wish to add more rules to the problem but that would be changing rules to give your answer an advantage after others surface.

Here's another hint: You don't have to add to more than 4 to solve the puzzle vertically.

If I asked what is the next number in this sequence: 1,2,3,4. I would expect an answer of 5.

?

Answer is still 5

There's absolutely no "assumption" in the original question the OP stated, to derive the right answer. I once again quote: Whats the next Sequence of numbers.

The answer I gave is inherent in the question, and particular layout of numbers he gave. Until he returns and says I'm wrong (which he can't. unless he changes his question), there's no other TRUE answer possible. It's quite clearly a trick question in the first place, which it appears that you are failing to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)