RIP James Arness

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was such a big fan of his. I'm not ashamed to say I cried. My wife told me. I was buying many of the things he was selling on ebay because I collect that kind of stuff. I just hope he gets the media attention that others have received after they passed. He deserves it. Just a great guy.

He was a good looking man in the day...
But my favorite dude was that hulking giant, Clint Walker, that was in an episode of Kraft Suspense Theater, "Portrait of an Unknown Man".
You guys may remember him from a war movie called the Dirty Dozen, he played a guy named "Posey". When I found out who he was on IMDB I watched the war movie to check him out.. :p
I didn't care for the war part but I didn't mind watching him. :p

But not to take away from Arness, he was a good actor. I've been watching the Marshall Dillon shows on MeTV, I assume they predate the Gunsmoke shows. I sort of like the Marshall Dillon shows much more than the Gunsmoke shows. I can't say why though, I just don't know. And that's so out of character for me because I usually avoid war stuff, westerns, etc.. I had the tv on in the background and didn't change channels and I sort of started paying attention to them from time to time.

Marshall Dillon and Gunsmoke are one and the same, no predate at all...... just renamed.

Marshall Dillon and Gunsmoke are one and the same, no predate at all...... just renamed.

Oh... Well, the Marshall Dillon shows are 30 minutes long and the Gunsmoke shows are 1 hour long and there are a lot of different characters so I assumed they were two different shows and that Gunsmoke was a spin off of the first one. Oh well, didn't know that, now I do.. :)

Yep, Gunsmoke was originally a 30 minute show and had Dennis Weaver portraying Chester along with numerous different characters. I watched all of them from the very beginning. I was 11 when it started.

I just saw a commercial on MeTV announcing a special tribute day to James Arness next Saturday starting at 10am CST.

classic scifi b&w film Them! starring James Whitmore, Edmund Gwenn, Joan Weldon and James Arness is scheduled to show at 1023pm eastern Monday june6 on Cubavision on 30w hispasat.

Here is a video I put up for the fans of James Arness. Hard to believe he's gone. He signed a autograph for me when he sent me the mug about a year ago. A great guy. [video]http://youtu.be/hJnUCRBR0U8[/video]

That's a cool video!
Thanks. It's a gem for sure. Johnny Carson had a show on CBS . I have a really good blooper real from Gunsmoke that I will post later this week.. Videotimemachine is my other account on youtube. It will either post as that or Televisionarchives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)