robin red breast

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

xtgold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
nutmeg state
I saw my 1st robin of the year this afternoon,way early for southern connecticut.
Usually they don't show up until around st. patricks day

I saw my 1st robin of the year this afternoon,way early for southern connecticut.
Usually they don't show up until around st. patricks day

Poor bird must have been lost!!:D I actually saw a pair of Indigo Blue Buntings here last week,that was just before all the winter weather.I haven't seen em since.

Got a robin hangin' around my deck here in S.E. Michigan as well. never seen one this early. crazy especially with the ''f''ed up winter we have been having.

I've tried to get a picture, so has SWMBO. Small bird, kinda dusky with a little orange or red at or around the back of the head. Moves quickly, sees us thru the window (other birds don't seem to) and beats it.

I don't know much about birds, so I can't identify it unless we get a better look or picture and look it up. We put up a suet cake, seeds in a window glass suction cup feeder and a hummingbird feeder. Glass feeder still unused, but we put it up in winter so maybe in the spring they'll see the food. Had to put hardware cloth inside the suet cage, as those *@!##% bushy tailed rats were eating the suet thru the standard cage. Hardware cloth has pretty well stopped the furry ones, but also some of the feathered ones.

Thank you.

But that's a lotta birds! Maybe we can figure it out. Or get a picture posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)