Robocalls - 20 Years Court Supervision --- and $$$$

The $ fine is something they will yell and howl about and then pay whatever when it gets through the appeals.

The court supervision for 20 years is an absurdly long time. I'd guess this is the part that probably has them tearing their hair out.
Particularly in developing their new wireless business ventures.

So, if I robocall millions of telephone numbers, some on the Do-Not-Call, and "represent" myself as Comcast, or Time-Warner, etc., I get have those companies sued into the stone age, too? That seems very, very wrong (as much as I'd like to see it happen).

I hope you're right. But rouges are everywhere.

I don't agree it's a slap on the wrist. What percentage is it for net profit for 2016? It mostly comes out of Charlie's pocket.

I hope you're right. But rouges are everywhere.

I don't agree it's a slap on the wrist. What percentage is it for net profit for 2016? It mostly comes out of Charlie's pocket.

It's like 1/5 of their after tax profit for 2016.

Like I said a slap on the wrist.

Aren't they raising prices next month?

A simple $2 increase on everyone's bill for the next year will pay for this.

The judge should have went one step further and prevented Dish from telemarketing completely.

The reason why Dish broke the law was simple. Telemarketing works, and Dish made far more in profit from the customers they acquired than they will pay in penalties.

Reactions: dishdude
http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/104741/dish-ruling-includes-20year-injunction
DishRulingIncludes20-YearInjunction
In addition to having to pay a $280 million fine for robocalls, a federal judge’s Monday decision also includes a 20-year permanent injunction that could severely limit the company’s ability to market its services by telephone in the future. And since the injunction applies to the company, not just Dish Network’s DBS service, it could seriously restrict Dish Network from selling other services—such as its Sling TV on-line offering, its cell phone repair service, and the installation of off-air TV antennas— using traditional telemarketing methods.

I have no sympathy if they did illegal robocalling. Maybe because I have always been a customer but I am amazed I have never received one from them.

Reactions: Shooter33
I have no sympathy if they did illegal robocalling. Maybe because I have always been a customer but I am amazed I have never received one from them.

It was so bad back 10 years ago, I would talk to 3-4 people a day complaining thinking it was my company making the calls.

I did hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertising.

The first ad they saw with Dish they automatically assumed it was my company calling them.

Did I miss something? What price is going up by $2 next month?

It's the price increase next month...... In Claude's head. He was making a statement of how DISH could just raise prices to pay for the fine.

It's the price increase next month...... In Claude's head. He was making a statement of how DISH could just raise prices to pay for the fine.
Okay. I thought I saw some rumblings, in another thread, about Dish's fees changing next month, but I didn't see any details. So, I thought maybe Claude knew something that I didn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts