Rock Band for PS2, what happened???

WalksInDarkness

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Kekistan
Sorry if I am out of touch on this one, I was in China for a while. Last I checked, the Rock Band bundle for PS2 was due out on Dec 12th. When I got back, the disc is pushed out to the 18th and the "Bundle" is now listed as not available! WTF? Does anyone know if/when the bundle will be stocked?

I know they have been having lots of issues with guitars breaking maybe they are holding off on the PS2 bundle until they get that under control.

I know they have been having lots of issues with guitars breaking maybe they are holding off on the PS2 bundle until they get that under control.

Hmm, that could slow things down. They might even be using all the piece-part components as warrantry repair parts for the PS3/360 stuff!

Hmm, that could slow things down. They might even be using all the piece-part components as warrantry repair parts for the PS3/360 stuff!

I did notice when I was just at Target that there's a big orange sticker that says "If you have problems with these peripherals, DO NOT RETURN TO THE STORE - call this number" on all of the PS3/360 Rock Band boxes...

Update: I ran over to GameStop at lunch. The guy said they are scheduled to be available before X-mas, but claimed not to know the exact date. He said the original date was pulled because pre-orders were outpacing expected inventory, and there would be no physical inventory on the shelf for walk-ins. He claimed that they were expecting shipments ~13-16th, which would line up for the few places that have advertised availabilty on ~18-19th...

I thought Rock Band was only for the 360 and PS3.

No, it will definitely be available for the PS2. Sony was trying to spin it to sound like it was only for the PS3, but that is only true when looked at from the downloadable songs and online play (which you need a PS3 or 360 for). Think about how many gazillions of PS2 are out there, if the software co ingnored that it would be like throwing billions of $$$ in the trash. Money talks...

No, it will definitely be available for the PS2. Sony was trying to spin it to sound like it was only for the PS3, but that is only true when looked at from the downloadable songs and online play (which you need a PS3 or 360 for). Think about how many gazillions of PS2 are out there, if the software co ingnored that it would be like throwing billions of $$$ in the trash. Money talks...

I read that the PS2 version was December 11th release but I bet they delayed it with the failures of the strat guitar. :(

Update

UPDATE -

The PS2 version appears to be arriving at Target stores now. Yesterday I stumbled into one in Central MA. I was getting a DS game for my daughter and noticed one sitting on the PS2 cabinet, on my way to the register.

I will be setting it up this morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)