ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY Official Teaser Trailer

Saw it in 3D. The 3D wasn't that great. But it was in IMAX so that made it cool. :)

This movie was AWESOME!

First time I can remember standing up and cheering at the end of the movie. Won't give things away but it made everything make sense for the "A New Hope" movie. :) The backstory was excellent!

The only thing I will say I didn't like was Darth Vader, he looked a little strange, and when he was moving it looked like they filmed someone in his costume doing a bunch of movies then they put in the voice later...; and the voice wasnt really going with the words. (Almost like an episode of MXC!) :D

But still was AWESOME they did an awesome job on this one!

Vader didn't bother me. At least he was covered up in a mask so it didn't matter that a different actor was playing him. Don't worry, James Earl Jones is still the voice.

The part that bothered me was the CG they used to put Tarkin in the movie. I understand that he needed to be in the movie for the connections to A New Hope to make sense and that the original actor has died. I just thought the CG was extremely obvious and distracting. Maybe it was less noticeable in the 3D version. I watched the standard version.

At the same time, I'm not sure what they could have done instead. Tarkin kind of needed to be in this movie. If they would have used a different actor to play him many people wouldn't have understood that he was supposed to be the same character from A New Hope from his name alone.

The CG in the very last scene of the movie didn't bother me as much since it was so short. Also, it just felt like such an epic moment that it was hard to care about the CG.

Vader didn't bother me. At least he was covered up in a mask so it didn't matter that a different actor was playing him. Don't worry, James Earl Jones is still the voice.

The part that bothered me was the CG they used to put Tarkin in the movie. I understand that he needed to be in the movie for the connections to A New Hope to make sense and that the original actor has died. I just thought the CG was extremely obvious and distracting. Maybe it was less noticeable in the 3D version. I watched the standard version.

At the same time, I'm not sure what they could have done instead. Tarkin kind of needed to be in this movie. If they would have used a different actor to play him many people wouldn't have understood that he was supposed to be the same character from A New Hope from his name alone.

The CG in the very last scene of the movie didn't bother me as much since it was so short. Also, it just felt like such an epic moment that it was hard to care about the CG.

Saw it in 3D and I'm the opposite. I thought the Tarkington CG was excellent. Noticeable as CG but very well executed. But the final bit of CG looked awful by comparison.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: dfergie
Saw it in 3D and I'm the opposite. I thought the Tarkington CG was excellent. Noticeable as CG but very well executed. But the final bit of CG looked awful by comparison.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Don't get me wrong. He was animated very well and the fact that they can put a deceased actor in a movie and make it look that good is extremely impressive. I just thought the close ups of him talking to actual human beings made the CG very obvious and it was distracting to me.

The CG at the end was still noticeable but the moment made up for it in my opinion. Also the fact that there weren't human actors in the shot helped.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
Saw it in 3D. The 3D wasn't that great. But it was in IMAX so that made it cool. :)

This movie was AWESOME!

First time I can remember standing up and cheering at the end of the movie. Won't give things away but it made everything make sense for the "A New Hope" movie. :) The backstory was excellent!

The only thing I will say I didn't like was Darth Vader, he looked a little strange, and when he was moving it looked like they filmed someone in his costume doing a bunch of movies then they put in the voice later...; and the voice wasnt really going with the words. (Almost like an episode of MXC!) :D

But still was AWESOME they did an awesome job on this one!

I believe 2 actors played Vader in the movie. Vader looked the same in RO as he did in ANH. Don't forget Lucas added bigger shoulder pads to Vader in TESB. Also the eye lenses had a red tint in RO and ANH and the mask was slightly different too.

Also since the Vader castle was located in Mustafar it sets up a Vader stand alone movie. In Rebels season 1 Kannan said, "Mustafar is the place where Jedi go to die". It hinted captured Jedi are brought there to be interrogated on the location of Kenobi before being executed

IMO, RO set the bar really high for future "Anthology" movies.

Don't get me wrong. He was animated very well and the fact that they can put a deceased actor in a movie and make it look that good is extremely impressive..

IIRC, similar faced actors were used to avoid the "dead eye" look of a CGI character. Impressive I agree and its going to be scary in 5 years when the technology is perfected. Could this be the beginning of the end of the highly paid movie star? Why pay Cruise 20million when you can get James Dean for peanuts.

I remember reading an articles years ago that Lucas was buying the rights to deceased actors for future CGI.

I believe 2 actors played Vader in the movie. Vader looked the same in RO as he did in ANH. Don't forget Lucas added bigger shoulder pads to Vader in TESB. Also the eye lenses had a red tint in RO and ANH and the mask was slightly different too.

No only one actor, but I read at a number of places that the "lost" the real Darth Vader costume so they used on they purchased from a store.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)