Roku removing Fox apps

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

In a surprise email to customers today, Roku informed streamers that “On January 31, 2020, all standalone FOX channels will no longer be available on Roku streaming devices.”

That means beginning tomorrow, they will remove the Fox Now and Fox Sports apps from the Roku Channel Store and existing devices. According to the company, their distribution contract with FOX Corp is set to expire on that day. In most cases, Roku gets a cut of ad revenue from those streamed in apps on their platform.

Reactions: spongella
This explains why Fox was pushing the Fire TV as the best streaming experience the other day in their Super Bowl announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

How much did Amazon pay to get the 4K stream removed from ROKU? I have 4K FireStick and ROKU ultra so no big deal to me...but still....

Reactions: wormil
yep, this is typical Fox dispute behavior, but this is the first time a streaming device is at the center of a "Typical fox blackout dispute" i bet Roku are so gonna see a influx of people dropping them for Amazon, Apple and Google's streaming devices i give it a month before Fox and Roku reaches a new agreement and the apps return to the Roku devices.

How does Roku get any revenue from a Fox app?... They dont charge the customer...you need a cable or satellite logon

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

How does Roku get any revenue from a Fox app?... They dont charge the customer...you need a cable or satellite logon

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
Roku's contract with Fox gives Roku a percentage of Fox's income from the app. Roku is no longer just an equipment seller, they are now earning income from the apps providers. I t would seem that Fox doesn't want to pay Roku as much or more and Roku is not biting. As of this morning it's still up.

In a surprise email to customers today, Roku informed streamers that “On January 31, 2020, all standalone FOX channels will no longer be available on Roku streaming devices.”

That means beginning tomorrow, they will remove the Fox Now and Fox Sports apps from the Roku Channel Store and existing devices. According to the company, their distribution contract with FOX Corp is set to expire on that day. In most cases, Roku gets a cut of ad revenue from those streamed in apps on their platform.
That's funny because I didn't get anything from ROKU but did get one from FOX Sports etc. telling me that the you could still get it on the Firestick. This is as bad as the cable and satellite feuding over retransmission rights.:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)