Roku want my credit card to register?

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I went to setup my Roku and they want my credit card number to setup an account. I do not want to buy movies or pay Roku for subscribed channels. Why do they require my CC #. Will the Roku work without registering it?

I gave Roku my credit card when I bought a Premiere+ four years ago. I think it was required to redeem the two free months of Hulu that was included with my purchase. Nothing has ever been charged by them (I canceled Hulu before the two months ended), and I'm sure the card has since expired. I really don't see what the big deal is.

From time to time they sell new roku products on dale. I got my new roku speaker $30 off and free shipping so don,t think it is a bad deal. Also I got friendly tv and it gets charged to roku account.

By the way, if you're a Fire TV owner, guess what? Amazon has your credit card number. I assume Apple does too if you have an Apple TV.

By the way, if you're a Fire TV owner, guess what? Amazon has your credit card number. I assume Apple does too if you have an Apple TV.
No to apple, they have never had my CC#, items I pay for I use gift cards that I stock up on when on sale.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have Amazon Prime with a Amazon store card, which is a credit card, but other than that I use PayPal to buy anything online. Plus, I got it working without the CC#. So, Thanks. As a cord cutter, I do not want to buy movies or other useless channels that would soon add up to more than by Dish subscription and yes Dish has my CC# also.

I have Amazon Prime with a Amazon store card, which is a credit card, but other than that I use PayPal to buy anything online. Plus, I got it working without the CC#. So, Thanks. As a cord cutter, I do not want to buy movies or other useless channels that would soon add up to more than by Dish subscription and yes Dish has my CC# also.
Roku won't charge your credit card unless you subscribe to one of the streaming services through them. Now, if you have other household members you are worried about charging stuff without your knowing, I understand why you'd want to take the extra precaution.

I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut "someone" out there has your credit card number.:imshocked
True. That's why I don't stress over a legit company like Roku having it.

We get a charge every month for $2.99 a month.
So do I but that is for additional GB...

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)