Roofing and Dish realignment?

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
So having my roof done tommarrow. It will take two days, have large roof and 7 skylights. The roofing company will put it back where it was but it will need to be realigned. Is that free or do I pay for it? Thanks

So having my roof done tommarrow. It will take two days, have large roof and 7 skylights. The roofing company will put it back where it was but it will need to be realigned. Is that free or do I pay for it? Thanks
Do not let the roofers put it back. Call Dish, and set a time for a tech to do it, it should be free. Roofers never get the mount right, and rarely seal the mount properly

You can add DIsh Protect, which make the service call free, have them align it and then cancel it right after. Mine needs to be re-peaked as I lose signal even when dark clouds roll over so when I know I'll be home for a while, I'll do that and have them come out to re-peak the dish.

Is there anywhere else to mount the dish? I had a new roof installed two years ago. The dish was on the roof. My home is brick Dish mounted it to the brick wall.

So awhile back I got a phone call from Dish said they could tell my signal was dropping and wanted to come out and repoint it. At that time was no charge. Might try that again? But thank you that is a great suggestion. As for dropping out like yours. I had that trouble for awhile had it tweeked like 3 times never got any better than a guy came out and said the dish flexs and that was the problem. He put two struts on it. Has not gone out since even in hail and snow stroms best thing I had done. Thanks guys.

I had that trouble for awhile had it tweeked like 3 times never got any better than a guy came out and said the dish flexs and that was the problem. He put two struts on it. Has not gone out since even in hail and snow stroms best thing I had done. Thanks guys.
Interesting. I have mine on an eve mount with just a single pole from the eve to the dish. Maybe the struts and possibly replacing the pole with a heavy duty one might help.

Thanks

I lose signal just about every time it rains and it doesn’t need to be a hard rain!
Every time I hear that DISH commercial about their signal quality I laugh. They actually show a family having to go to the basement to shelter and they are watching their DISH satellite on the tv in the middle of a storm/ potential tornado coming. "We guarantee our signal"..... Yes guaranteed to go out as soon as the first rain drops start. In the past if I would get too many thick dark clouds gathering ,I would lose the HD signal first and the receiver tune to SD equivalent channels and once the rains started no signal at all. :rolleyes:

Got it done moved, Dish as well as tree's that used be there are not.no more struts. Very high signal. Cost $45. They told me it would be like a hundred. Offered the plan, I said no. I am in a 2 year commitment. I asked how much longer I have and what the cost would be to cancel. He said like $128. So I said $100 to put up the dish or $128 to walk away with a clean roof. I said cancel it. That said wait a minute and dropped the price. I am happy for now. :)

We redid our roof and siding, I didn't want ANY holes in my new stuff. Moved it to the ground, called my local dish people and asked that an installer swing by to let me know the height. He measured it, I said thanks and called them back in a few days to align. I live in Utah so it snows.. super simple to clear off. We have since added an awning as well... Installer asked what if I wanted to switch to direct, it would need to point more east. Told him not a problem. I am NEVER going back to direct... Comcast can suck it to, since we got fiber.. Dish all the way baby
20191014_092129.jpg

We redid our roof and siding, I didn't want ANY holes in my new stuff. Moved it to the ground, called my local dish people and asked that an installer swing by to let me know the height. He measured it, I said thanks and called them back in a few days to align. I live in Utah so it snows.. super simple to clear off. We have since added an awning as well... Installer asked what if I wanted to switch to direct, it would need to point more east. Told him not a problem. I am NEVER going back to direct... Comcast can suck it to, since we got fiber.. Dish all the way baby
View attachment 158363
Where's the picture after the siding was done? I'm interested to see how it looks. :biggrin

Putting up the permanent awning. This year I was planning on painting the deck, but my work Truck went down, so that has taken up my late spring into summer. Hopefully next year
View attachment 158383
I hate seeing that concrete sticking out of the ground and no way that pole is 3' deep. That mount is not going to last very long before repeated frosts force it to move up upward.