Root Sports PIT alternate channel 659-2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

realbbbb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
CFB Gifs
Root Sports Pittsburgh was scheduled to air the WVU-Towson game Saturday 9/6 night from 7:30 - 11:00. However, the Pirates Fri 9/5 game was suspended and continue Saturday starting at 3 PM (it didn't end until ~ 4:50 PM). Then an hour later (5:50 PM), the regular Sat game started. However, WVU & Root Sports had put out an announcement earlier in the day stating "On DirecTV, the WVU game will start at 7:30 PM on 659-2....."

www dot wvusports dot com/page.cfm?story=26240&cat=exclusives

However, for me (Morgantown WV, Choice package), 659-2 showed a stationary DirecTV logo the entire time. It never switched over. And there were tons of replies on Twitter/Facebook from other people who didn't get switched over either. I called DirecTV and after 38 mins (20 min hold + 10 min clueless CSR + 8 min supervisor), the supervisor told me the reason was because I have SD service and the game signal was only being broadcast on that channel (659-2) in HD. Thoughts? Does that make any sense?

Root Sports Pittsburgh was scheduled to air the WVU-Towson game Saturday 9/6 night from 7:30 - 11:00. However, the Pirates Fri 9/5 game was suspended and continue Saturday starting at 3 PM (it didn't end until ~ 4:50 PM). Then an hour later (5:50 PM), the regular Sat game started. However, WVU & Root Sports had put out an announcement earlier in the day stating "On DirecTV, the WVU game will start at 7:30 PM on 659-2....."

www dot wvusports dot com/page.cfm?story=26240&cat=exclusives

However, for me (Morgantown WV, Choice package), 659-2 showed a stationary DirecTV logo the entire time. It never switched over. And there were tons of replies on Twitter/Facebook from other people who didn't get switched over either. I called DirecTV and after 38 mins (20 min hold + 10 min clueless CSR + 8 min supervisor), the supervisor told me the reason was because I have SD service and the game signal was only being broadcast on that channel (659-2) in HD. Thoughts? Does that make any sense?

Many of the alternates do that. Some things are only HD and some things are only SD. I have been complaining about this and it's inconsistent application since the reformatting of the RSN alternates.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)