Roy Jones, Jr. VS Tito Trinidad

TERRIBLE choice of opponents by Tito. He had no chance against a faster, bigger, stronger Jones. AND DAMN do I dislike Roy Jones...but it's the truth. At 170 lbs, Tito was not strong enough.

TERRIBLE choice of opponents by Tito. He had no chance against a faster, bigger, stronger Jones. AND DAMN do I dislike Roy Jones...but it's the truth. At 170 lbs, Tito was not strong enough.
Be a sport Roy is still a good boxer. I have always been a huge Roy Jones, Jr. fan. I knew Tito's chances were slim to begin with. I watched the fight twice. The referee should have taken at least one point to send the message for all those low punches Tito got away with NOT to mention he never hurt Roy. I would love to see Roy against De La Hoya. Roy would definitely kill him! Tito simply got outclassed>end of the story...

"Tito simply got outclassed"

Tito simply got outboxed. Great fight by Jones, too much for Tito.

Absolutely....that is why it was the WRONG choice of opponent by Tito. Jones, as I mentioned, was too big, too fast and too strong....THAT is why Jones took the fight. Hey knew a guy that never fought above the 160 lbs range was not gonna hurt him....and they fought AT 170!!! ALL the guys that whipped Jones's ass were exactly what Jones was to Tito...."too big, too fast, too strong".

AND I HIGHLY doubt you will see Jones fight Tarver again and you will DEFINATELY not seem him fight Jermaine Taylor for those same reasons.

Absolutely....that is why it was the WRONG choice of opponent by Tito. Jones, as I mentioned, was too big, too fast and too strong....THAT is why Jones took the fight. Hey knew a guy that never fought above the 160 lbs range was not gonna hurt him....and they fought AT 170!!! ALL the guys that whipped Jones's ass were exactly what Jones was to Tito...."too big, too fast, too strong".

AND I HIGHLY doubt you will see Jones fight Tarver again and you will DEFINATELY not seem him fight Jermaine Taylor for those same reasons.
Sir:
You stated:
"AND DAMN do I dislike Roy Jones.". First how many Roy Jones fights have you watched? Your opinion is noted. I reserve the right to respect it. Your dislike for Mr. Jones clouds your opinion, objectivity and most of all your sportsmanship.
Money dictates boxing. Roy Jones, Jr. is also a shrewd business man. The details of the fight such as weight, purse, site, etc. were explained to Tito Trinidad and his lawyers. You can read into the weight ALL you want. Furthermore Roy Jones, Jr. is four years older than Tito Trinidad: 39 to 35. At 39 four years of youth advantage in BOXING is enormous. Did you bother to evaluate that? Six or eight years ago Jones said he would have fought Trinidad at the 160 lbs middle weight. During that period Jones beat everybody ranked in his weight class. He was also then recognized as the best fighter pound per pound. Guess what? Jones would have kicked his(Trinidad) gluteus. Of course you referred to anatomically different. We know...

I know a little about boxing. Back in 1982-1983 Todd Donoho had a sports talk show. He stated on that show that Camacho VS Mancini would NOT take place. I told him that it would and that Camacho would beat Mancini and he did.

If the money is right as I said before Jones would fight Tarver or Taylor. Finally Jones beat Bernard Hopkins who beat Trinidad by KO. That is WHY he has to wait for the outcome of Hopkins VS Calzaghe(sp?). DEFINITELY(correct spelling BTW!) that is a fight I would love to see. That fight would silence critics like you particularly if Jones win...
Thank you

Meaning. Trinidad had no business fighting Roy Jones, Jr. He should have learned that after his fight with Hopkins or his fight with "Winky" for that matter. 170 pounds is way out of his league. I believe Roy Jones, Jr. is one of the best fighters of our time. I was impressed with his conditioning, especially at the age of 39. At 170 Trinidad couldn't and didn't have the power to hurt Roy Jones, Jr. I also believe Trinidad is one of the greatest fighters of our time but as a welterweight. His three defeats came when he went up to fight middleweights and above fighters.

Last edited:
Sir:
You stated:
"AND DAMN do I dislike Roy Jones.". First how many Roy Jones fights have you watched? Your opinion is noted. I reserve the right to respect it. Your dislike for Mr. Jones clouds your opinion, objectivity and most of all your sportsmanship.
Money dictates boxing. Roy Jones, Jr. is also a shrewd business man. The details of the fight such as weight, purse, site, etc. were explained to Tito Trinidad and his lawyers. You can read into the weight ALL you want. Furthermore Roy Jones, Jr. is four years older than Tito Trinidad: 39 to 35. At 39 four years of youth advantage in BOXING is enormous. Did you bother to evaluate that? Six or eight years ago Jones said he would have fought Trinidad at the 160 lbs middle weight. During that period Jones beat everybody ranked in his weight class. He was also then recognized as the best fighter pound per pound. Guess what? Jones would have kicked his(Trinidad) gluteus. Of course you referred to anatomically different. We know...

I know a little about boxing. Back in 1982-1983 Todd Donoho had a sports talk show. He stated on that show that Camacho VS Mancini would NOT take place. I told him that it would and that Camacho would beat Mancini and he did.

If the money is right as I said before Jones would fight Tarver or Taylor. Finally Jones beat Bernard Hopkins who beat Trinidad by KO. That is WHY he has to wait for the outcome of Hopkins VS Calzaghe(sp?). DEFINITELY(correct spelling BTW!) that is a fight I would love to see. That fight would silence critics like you particularly if Jones win...
Thank you

Money did dictate this fight...both needed the money. Not because they were getting GOBS of money. Jones IS a shrewd business man....but he is also NOT stupid enough to take on fighters that MIGHT hurt him...hense his win against Ruiz in the Heavyweight division...an awkward fighter that had NO punching power, slow and almost boring to the punch. Did you see him even MENTION anyone that was a BIG puncher in the heayweight division when he wanted the championship in that weight class.....?!! HELL NO because MOST in that divison would knock his silly ass out because....let's all sing in acapella...."bigger, faster, stronger"....

Here is a post from Dan Rafael, who post the rankings for ESPN says about Jones just before the Trinidad fight:

Here's the sad reality: If Jones defeats Felix Trinidad in their HBO PPV match at Madison Square Garden, he'll actually think it's a serious victory that should put him in line for something truly meaningful. Fact is, a fight with Trinidad at this point of his career can be a fun, exciting event for fans, but a win doesn't really mean all that much.

ESPN - December's top fighters by division - Boxing

And seeing you are still relatively wet behind the ears when it comes to this particular forum, I have defended MANY that I dislike like A-Rod, Jose Canseco, Barry Bonds and the Roger Clemens when they have been wrongfully accused or their talents have been questioned....ANYONE that have known me in here knows that...so your statement about my dislike for Roy "clouds your opinion, objectivity and most of all your sportsmanship"...holds no water.

Money did dictate this fight...both needed the money. Not because they were getting GOBS of money. Jones IS a shrewd business man....but he is also NOT stupid enough to take on fighters that MIGHT hurt him...hense his win against Ruiz in the Heavyweight division...an awkward fighter that had NO punching power, slow and almost boring to the punch. Did you see him even MENTION anyone that was a BIG puncher in the heayweight division when he wanted the championship in that weight class.....?!! HELL NO because MOST in that divison would knock his silly ass out because....let's all sing in acapella...."bigger, faster, stronger"....

Here is a post from Dan Rafael, who post the rankings for ESPN says about Jones just before the Trinidad fight:

ESPN - December's top fighters by division - Boxing

And seeing you are still relatively wet behind the ears when it comes to this particular forum, I have defended MANY that I dislike like A-Rod, Jose Canseco, Barry Bonds and the Roger Clemens when they have been wrongfully accused or their talents have been questioned....ANYONE that have known me in here knows that...so your statement about my dislike for Roy "clouds your opinion, objectivity and most of all your sportsmanship"...holds no water.
Mr. salsadancer7:
Sir:
You have 7,135 posted threads and you have been a member since 1 Jun 04. Those facts are NOTED. Cognizance and respect are two different terms. Those numbers do NOT make your X-subject opinions any heavier than mine. Your disrespectful reminder is out of line, Sir. If you want my respect or anybody's you EARN IT. Respect is earned with silent meaningful actions and wisdom. You don't have to be 6'4" and 235 lbs to be a successful general. By the same token you are NOT a general in this forum.

I know a little about boxing. If I did NOT know anything I would [NOT] dare to opine. You clearly stated your dislike for Roy Jones, Jr. , NOTED. I stand by my statement that it clouds your arguments on the subject we are debating. It is up to you to accept that your own comment back-fired. Let's move on.
Thank you

Mr. salsadancer7:
Sir:
You have 7,135 posted threads and you have been a member since 1 Jun 04. Those facts are NOTED. Cognizance and respect are two different terms. Those numbers do NOT make your X-subject opinions any heavier than mine. Your disrespectful reminder is out of line, Sir. If you want my respect or anybody's you EARN IT. Respect is earned with silent meaningful actions and wisdom. You don't have to be 6'4" and 235 lbs to be a successful general. By the same token you are NOT a general in this forum.

I know a little about boxing. If I did NOT know anything I would [NOT] dare to opine. You clearly stated your dislike for Roy Jones, Jr. , NOTED. I stand by my statement that it clouds your arguments on the subject we are debating. It is up to you to accept that your own comment back-fired. Let's move on.
Thank you
:up:up

Meaning. Trinidad had no business fighting Roy Jones, Jr. He should have learned that after his fight with Hopkins or his fight with "Winky" for that matter. 170 pounds is way out of his league. I believe Roy Jones, Jr. is one of the best fighters of our time. I was impressed with his conditioning, especially at the age of 39. At 170 Trinidad couldn't and didn't have the power to hurt Roy Jones, Jr. I also believe Trinidad is one of the greatest fighters of our time but as a welterweight. His three defeats came when he went up to fight middleweights and above fighters.

Again..."your honor, I rest my case...." Amazing, I said the exact same thing TWICE and so did you ...TWICE.....

Mr. salsadancer7:
Sir:

Thank you

Seeing that you FINALLY got my name right, I will address properly:

Mr. Neutronite,

I did not make nor have I ever made my opinion bigger than anyone elses, I make my opinion....you disagree....good for you, you could have a reason to disagree and more than likely, you will make your points as to why you disagree. Now, like it was noted, I have 'exchanged opinions' with alot in here and none seem to take it so personal as yourself. You have called me out from the 1st day we debated...I am sure you remember THAT one....and every time, you did it with a little piss and vinegar. Then I would verbally step on your neck and the discussion was over. Fine with me, I can take it as much as I can dish it out. But you seem to take offense with anyone the disagrees with you...to the point where you correct other's grammar and spelling...:rolleyes: Hell, so far, most have agreed with my point here...stating the same thing yet, putting it in their words....yet the ONLY one you take exception to is MY OPINION....LOL!! But that's alright Mr. Neutronite....if this is the ONLY way you will get attention....I will give you the time and day...;)

Heat Lose 15th In a Row

Giants fans are poor stupid bums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts