Royals blaced out on SD when on FSN-HD?

fezuehlke

Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa
Royals blacked out on SD when on FSN-HD?

I am starting to see a pattern develop the last few days. I am finally receiving the Royals broadcast here in Des Moines on FSN-KC. The only thing is I am not getting all the games.

I am thinking that whenever they are broadcasting in HD, they block the SD broadcast. I got Friday's broadcast, but not Saturday or Sunday (both days on FSN-HD per schedule). I am blocked on Monday & Tuesday's games against the Mariners (both on FSN-HD) but I do get Wednesday's game against the Angels.

Has anyone else noticed this? I don't have the upgraded HD receiver, just the 811.

Should this be happening? I would think I should still receive the Standard def broadcast even if they show in HD.

Thanks,

Frank.

Last edited:
I get the Royals on the Alternates from 445-451. That's where all the games have been that I have been able to watch.

I see the broadcast for tonight & tomorrow but am blocked from watching. I think it is an issue for viewers outside the KC area. It would be nice if on the alternates, the program info would tell you where the broadcast is originating (FSN-MW, FSN-North,FSN-NW...)

I might make a call to CS and ask the stupid question "Why don't I get the Royals broadcast on the STD DEf channels on days they are shown in HD?" I am sure the answer won't make sense.

If you have your HD channels "mapped down" to the SD channels and select, say, channel 445 (SD "alt"), you will automatically go to the "HD alt" channel (9514, 9515, 9516, I believe). I don't have mine mapped down, so I see both in the guide.

Brad

That doesn't help since I don't have an mpeg4 receiver. I don't see the new RSN HD channels. On the 811 you only get the base HD programming, none of the new channels.

I might look at upgrading to a new receiver but the issue is why don't I get the broadcasts on the STD Def channel when the game is in HD as well. It shouldn't be an either or situation. They have to be broadcasting in STD Def as well as HD.

All I can say is this: I had an issue with channel locks until yesterday (user error). I knew that the games (for example Saturday's) were in HD, because I could see it in the guide on one of my DVR's. On the other one, it didn't show up (none of the HD Alt's were visible), but I was able to watch it in SD on 444/445/446. So I can tell you for SURE that the games are available on both SD and HD simultaneously, at least in the KC metro area. YMMV. Hope this helps.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)