RSN Add-ons and Multi-Sports Package

denisincalif

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 1, 2007
Arcadia, CA
I am confused about something on my account. I figure calling Dish is likely to get me confused further and quite possibly I will be given wrong information. So I thought I would try here first.

I have AT250 and UltimateHD. When I log on to the Dish site and look at my account in the "At a Glance" section, I see the following:

International or
A La Carte or Add-ons:

DISH Network DVR Service Fee, Fox Sports West 2, Fox Sports West, PROGRAMMING ACCESS FEE

On my bill I see charges for the DVR service fee and the programming access fee, but nothing about the two Fox sports channels. Am I paying extra for them? If so, how much? The reason I ask is the Multi-Sports Package costs only $6 a month and includes those two channels. If I am already paying extra for them, the difference between what I have now and what I would have if I ordered Multi-Sports would be something less than $6, maybe only a buck or two. And that would get me some channels which I would watch, but only very rarely, such as Fox Sports Bay Area.

You are not paying extra for them. They are just showing you what sports channels you get for your area. Mine shows me that Cincinnati is my sports channel. Your DMA sports channel is included with any package above 100. If you get the sports package pro games outside of your area will be blacked out.

Sometimes the sportspack will give you access to more sports teams. I could get indians and reds without sportspack. With sportspack i got access to the pirates and penguins also.

Sometimes the sportspack will give you access to more sports teams. I could get indians and reds without sportspack. With sportspack i got access to the pirates and penguins also.

What city are you in? I live in Erie, I was disappointed because I couldn't get Cavs games like I did with the old cable from Adelphia. I got Sabres, Pens, Pirates, and Indians. Well I decided to add the sports pack mainly to get NBATV. I'm flipping through when bam the Cavs games comes through on Fox sports ohio. Couldn't believe it. Dish needs to do a better job of letting people know what they will receive with the sports pack. If I'd would have known about the Cavs being on they would have been collecting that $6 since I signed up.

I'm located in a small town in southeastern ohio kind of close to wheeling wv, actually a bit south of there. That's who's dma i'm in. Right now however i'm between a rock and a hard place because i have my service address in pittsburgh pa so i can get hd locals. This however keeps me from getting indians and reds games come baseball season. I would just get pirates, penguins and cavs with the sports pack.

Actually since i just changed my package to all-hd i have lost my rsn. I'm hoping dish lets us add fox sports net for a reasonable price.

Well, I think this may be more a matter of an error on the web page because in my case they have all my package info correct except the web page states that that I subscribe to NBA League Pass. This is false, and NBA League Pass has never appeared on my bill. All the charges on my bill are the same they have always been--no NBA League Pass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)