Rsn And Nesnhd Alert!!!!! OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Same thing they said last night about directv....it launched on channel 623 on july 18th for most of the boston market.

Anyone with a tivo that can check this out. It was suppossedly said during the 1st inning. like i said, i'm just going on what i was told. i'm not trying to spread unsubstansiated rumors.

bonscott87 said:
Ok, here's the deal.

Channel 95 has been around on the current system (MPEG2) for a couple years now. It's the "Special Events HD" channel. Right now it carries ML baseball games. In the fall and winter it carries NHL and NBA games. So nothing new here.

YES in HD has also been around about a year now, before the Spaceway satellites and thus it's on MPEG 2 as well.

New York and LA locals in HD are also on the MPEG 2 sats to cover areas that don't have locals (distants). These have been there about a year as well.

All of these can be received via a 3 LNB dish and any current receiver including the HR10-250.

MPEG 4 system has been in planning for at least 2 years now and started with the launch of the Spaceway's last year. These two sats use only spotbeams.
ALL HD locals that have gone up (other then NY and LA) are on the MPEG4 sats and thus need a 5 LNB dish and an MPEG 4 capable receiver. They were never up in MPEG 2. Right now only the H20 is MPEG 4 capable. The new MPEG 4 HD DVR is due out this fall.

Now all the new RSN's going up in HD are also on the MPEG 4 system and are carried on the spotbeam with the HD locals to those markets. And any new HD channels going up will most likely MPEG 4. And next year after the launch of the next 2 sats they will convert ALL the HD channels out there now to the MPEG 4 system and eventually shut down the MPEG 2 feeds.

Scott,

Thanks for the concise explanation - it was quite informative. :up

Going along with the thinking about where to "move" if I wanted to receive local HD programming thru the dish rather than my touchy antenna, is the only real option moving to a location covered by the NY DMA ? It seems moving to Boston is out, maybe I can move to NYC and pick up HD Locals with my HR10-250 ?~!?~?

You will get the mpeg 4 nyc networks. Only way to get them in mpeg 2 is to qualify for all the distant networks through waivers.

Questioner said:
You will get the mpeg 4 nyc networks. Only way to get them in mpeg 2 is to qualify for all the distant networks through waivers.

Therefore, I guess the whole topic of "moving" to another location to pick up local HD channels is a dead issue at this time for those with HR10-250 receiving the Mpeg2 signals (without going for the distant network waivers). Correct ? I wonder where I'd have to "move" to in order to receive the distant networks without going thru waivers ? Would have to be out in the boonies somewhere I'd guess.

Questioner said:

No. If he "moves" to NY he will get the mpeg2 locals in hd.

raoul5788 said:
I know that, but you can still get the locals in mpeg2. He is using an HR10-250.

raoul - YOU are the one that is correct (of course). I live INSIDE the NYC DMA - I get HD locals in BOTH MPEG2 (channels 80, 82, 86, 88) WITHOUT waivers as I am IN the DMA, I also get the MPEG4 HD lils.

the other guy has kept his record at 100% wrong.

I was under the impression the switch was made a few months ago, in any case I wouldnt plan on having them in mpeg 2 for much longer unless you are getting them distantly.

When have I been wrong before?

Hmm - dis/misinformation and/or "the sky is falling" and DirecTV conspiracy theories have been a commom theme of late.

What were the bans for at the other boards?

I dont post at avs. The dbs ban was a case of wrong identity, not misinfo, its being sorted out.

Back to the case of the choppy picture on NESN HD. I noted earlier that I noticed choppiness in the picture during fast motion. When the pitcher was pitching etc. yesterday while watching sports center in HD on ESPN clips from the very same Sox game I watched in NESN HD did not have any choppiness.

So the pitcher on NESN HD was choppy and the one on Sportcenter HD was not.

Im assuming its the same feed so does the choppiness become a NESN issue?

It's not a NESN HD feed problem, the problem is D* encoders and downrezing of the signal. NESN HD is flawless on Comcast and Adelphia from what I've seen.

Well, it's August and still no Comcast HD feed in Chicago. Is there a special chanal i have to turn to inorder to get the Cubs or W. Sox in HD?

Hytops said:
Well, it's August and still no Comcast HD feed in Chicago. Is there a special chanal i have to turn to inorder to get the Cubs or W. Sox in HD?

And its barely the 5th business day of August; LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts