Rsn And Nesnhd Alert!!!!! OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Smthkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
ATLANTA
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060710/20060710006020.html?.v=1

DIRECTV Expands HD Sports Programming with MLB Games from Regional Sports Networks
Monday July 10, 4:42 pm ET
HD Games Now Available in 13 Major Markets
Six More Markets to Launch in Coming Weeks

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 10, 2006--DIRECTV is stacking the lineup with more HD sports programming by delivering Major League Baseball games produced in HD by regional sports networks (RSNs) in 19 major markets.
ADVERTISEMENT

DIRECTV is now broadcasting all MLB games produced in HD from the following RSNs: FSN Prime Ticket (Los Angeles Dodgers), FSN West (Los Angeles Angels), FSN Bay Area (San Francisco Giants, Oakland A's), FSN South (Atlanta Braves), FSN Houston (Astros), FSN Detroit (Tigers), FSN Florida (Marlins, Devil Rays), SportsTime Ohio (Cleveland Indians), FSN North (Minnesota Twins), FSN Northwest (Seattle Mariners), FSN Arizona (Diamondbacks), FSN Rocky Mountain (Colorado Rockies) and Turner South (Atlanta Braves).

On July 18, HD MLB games from YES Network (Yankees) and FSN Southwest (Rangers HD games will be seen only in the Dallas DMA) will be available, as well as a continuous 24/7 HD feed from NESN HD (Red Sox). In August DIRECTV will deliver HD MLB games from SportsNet New York (Mets), as well as continuous 24/7 HD feeds from Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD (Orioles) and Comcast SportsNet Chicago HDTV (Cubs, White Sox).

The RSNs' HD games will be broadcast by DIRECTV via a local market spot beam, and as a result, the RSN programming will be available only to those customers who live within the local DMA (designated market area) spot beam and the RSN team territory. The games will be available at no extra charge.

In addition to the MLB games, DIRECTV will also carry NHL and NBA games that are televised on the RSNs when their seasons start in the fall.

"If we hear one thing from our HD customers, it's 'give us more sports programming in HD,' and we plan to do that throughout the year, beginning with more Major League Baseball games in HD via the RSNs in several of the largest markets," said Dan Fawcett, executive vice president, Programming Acquisition, DIRECTV, Inc. "With all of the regional sports networks' games produced in HD -- including MLB, NHL and NBA, and the more than 110 NFL games DIRECTV will broadcast in HD this fall, we'll offer fans the best selection of HD sports programming available anywhere."

Customers who live within the RSN team territory and the spot beam area will also be required to have the H20 (MPEG4 compatible) HD receiver along with a five LNB dish to receive the RSN's HD programming. The HD games will be available on viewer channel 96 or 97 in each market, and the 24/7 RSNs will be seen on a separate channel that will have the same viewer channel number as their standard definition feed. For customers outside the spot beam, select HD games may be available on channel 95.

Customers can visit DIRECTV.com to determine if they are within the team territory and spot beam and can receive the games.

About DIRECTV, Inc.

DIRECTV, Inc. is the nation's leading digital television service provider with more than 15.4 million customers. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo are registered trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV (NYSE:DTV - News) is a world-leading provider of digital multichannel television entertainment. DIRECTV is approximately 38 percent owned by News Corporation.

DIRECTV, Inc.
Robert Mercer, 310-726-4683

Last edited:
Well well well. Official press release looks good to me as proof. This is awesome!! Finally a great use of MPEG4 spot beams. I've been waiting for this day. Good job D*.

Smthkd said:
Customers who live within the RSN team territory and the spot beam area will also be required to have the H20 (MPEG4 compatible) HD receiver along with a five LNB dish to receive the RSN's HD programming. The HD games will be available on viewer channel 96 or 97 in each market, and the 24/7 RSNs will be seen on a separate channel that will have the same viewer channel number as their standard definition feed. For customers outside the spot beam, select HD games may be available on channel 95.

Should be interesting to see who can actually get what. Will all of New England that gets NESN as a RSN get it or only the ones will HD locals that are up on D*.

so shall we count all the people starting to jump back onto Directv's ship now that their birds are getting more HD out there, and will for the next year?

directvfreak said:
Will columbus get the Cleveland Hd feed?

What rsns in sd do you get now? If you have local mpeg 4s available AND the rsns in the press release in sd right now, you should get it.

I will wait a year :( as I am doing a pole mount, and we might be building a new house, so I am waiting to see what happens there (and to tell you the truth, Directv's SD compared to dish network is alot better IMO, so I am happy with just my locals and espn espn2 for right now :)

We get FSN South and Turner South in this area,so we should be seeing Braves games in HD from 2 separate outlets soon.I guess we'll know for sure once the All-Star break is over. :up :)

CoachGibbs said:
Should be interesting to see who can actually get what. Will all of New England that gets NESN as a RSN get it or only the ones will HD locals that are up on D*.

Since it will be spotbeamed and mpeg4, I suspect only those in the Boston and Hartford area will receive it.

New Yorkers getting YES HD games on channel 95 with an HDTIVO better not lose these games when this happens. They don't have an alternative dvr for us and they better not take our hd games away until the HR20 is out!

Smthkd said:
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060710/20060710006020.html?.v=1

DIRECTV Expands HD Sports Programming with MLB Games from Regional Sports Networks
Monday July 10, 4:42 pm ET
HD Games Now Available in 13 Major Markets
Six More Markets to Launch in Coming Weeks

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 10, 2006--DIRECTV is stacking the lineup with more HD sports programming by delivering Major League Baseball games produced in HD by regional sports networks (RSNs) in 19 major markets.
ADVERTISEMENT

DIRECTV is now broadcasting all MLB games produced in HD from the following RSNs: FSN Prime Ticket (Los Angeles Dodgers), FSN West (Los Angeles Angels), FSN Bay Area (San Francisco Giants, Oakland A's), FSN South (Atlanta Braves), FSN Houston (Astros), FSN Detroit (Tigers), FSN Florida (Marlins, Devil Rays), SportsTime Ohio (Cleveland Indians), FSN North (Minnesota Twins), FSN Northwest (Seattle Mariners), FSN Arizona (Diamondbacks), FSN Rocky Mountain (Colorado Rockies) and Turner South (Atlanta Braves).

On July 18, HD MLB games from YES Network (Yankees) and FSN Southwest (Rangers HD games will be seen only in the Dallas DMA) will be available, as well as a continuous 24/7 HD feed from NESN HD (Red Sox). In August DIRECTV will deliver HD MLB games from SportsNet New York (Mets), as well as continuous 24/7 HD feeds from Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD (Orioles) and Comcast SportsNet Chicago HDTV (Cubs, White Sox).

The RSNs' HD games will be broadcast by DIRECTV via a local market spot beam, and as a result, the RSN programming will be available only to those customers who live within the local DMA (designated market area) spot beam and the RSN team territory. The games will be available at no extra charge.

In addition to the MLB games, DIRECTV will also carry NHL and NBA games that are televised on the RSNs when their seasons start in the fall.

"If we hear one thing from our HD customers, it's 'give us more sports programming in HD,' and we plan to do that throughout the year, beginning with more Major League Baseball games in HD via the RSNs in several of the largest markets," said Dan Fawcett, executive vice president, Programming Acquisition, DIRECTV, Inc. "With all of the regional sports networks' games produced in HD -- including MLB, NHL and NBA, and the more than 110 NFL games DIRECTV will broadcast in HD this fall, we'll offer fans the best selection of HD sports programming available anywhere."

Customers can visit DIRECTV.com to determine if they are within the team territory and spot beam and can receive the games.

About DIRECTV, Inc.

DIRECTV, Inc. is the nation's leading digital television service provider with more than 15.4 million customers. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo are registered trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV (NYSE:DTV - News) is a world-leading provider of digital multichannel television entertainment. DIRECTV is approximately 38 percent owned by News Corporation.

DIRECTV, Inc.
Robert Mercer, 310-726-4683

How do you find this on D*'s website ?
Is there a place on the D* site for NEWS like this ? Or do they not want their subs to know about it ???
Seems like they would want to let people know about it.

Jimbo

Gen Custer said:
New Yorkers getting YES HD games on channel 95 with an HDTIVO better not lose these games when this happens. They don't have an alternative dvr for us and they better not take our hd games away until the HR20 is out!
This is my concern. I called DirecTV but the CSR could only speak about the upcoming "interactive" features that YES is pioneering with DirecTV, and that these features require an interactive box like the D10 or R15. I explained I was interested in finding out only if on July 18 I would lose access to the HD games. She couldn't help me on that, so it's wait and see.

Jimbos said:
Is there a place on the D* site for NEWS like this ? Or do they not want their subs to know about it ???

Jimbo
The simples way is to go to "About DirecTV" (at the top of the DirecTV home page), click "Press Room", and then click "Press Releases".

Jimbos said:

Jimbo

Press releases have always been available from the investor relations link on their website. They've never been hidden.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts