Gemini and Samsung smart

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sportman13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
I am using a timer on a Samsung 65-Inch Class Q80B 4K QLED TV with Full Array LED to shut the TV off after 180 minutes. When I turn on the TV the next day I see it says detecting device use smart remote. Nothing on remote would fix it. Had to reboot and is intermittent. Some days it says detecting device and I have to reboot the Gemini. Some days it comes right on. Any idea on a fix because this feature (timer off after 180 minutes) is important to me.

I don't have a Samsung Smart TV, or any Smart TV for that matter, but I did some searching and I did see something that said you can just hit Exit on the Samsung TV remote and the Detecting screen should go away.
The Gemini probably has an HDMI Control option like the Genie and older boxes. Turning that off should also fix the problem.

I can't speak to the model you have. I have some 2021/2022 series Samsung and there are options in the menu related to "Autorun SmartHub" and "Autorun last app". You may want to try messing with these settings.

I do not use any smart features on my TV and found it best to just factory reset and when asked to connect to wifi skip it, give the TV no internet and the smart features are all basically disabled. Made it run a little faster too when changing inputs or using menus.

You might try not using the auto off feature. See if that works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.