Rsn And Nesnhd Alert!!!!! OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbos said:
How do you find this on D*'s website ?
Is there a place on the D* site for NEWS like this ? Or do they not want their subs to know about it ???
Seems like they would want to let people know about it.

Jimbo

This particular announcement is found in Yahoo's Finance News section under D*'s market symbols "DTV". For E* news their market symbol is "DISH"!
Heres the link:
Directv: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=dtv
Echostar (DishNetwork): http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=dish

So they don't have an UPDATE or things that are new page on thier website ?
I seams that they would want to public to know of the progress they are making instead of waiting for people to find it on the financial page.

Thanks for the link SMTHKD,

Jimbo

Last edited:
directvfreak said:
Will columbus get the Cleveland Hd feed?

You will only get it if D* screws up and gives it to you. According to the STO website Columbus is not in the D* broadcasting area. I know that Columbus is currently getting the SD feed but I bet they have forgot to turn it off after the change in broadcasting area. I would rather have seen them pick up FSN Ohio or FSN Cinci for the Blue Jackets this fall.

You can also sign up to receive email updates from the investor relations page, as they become available, from the D* website.

Jimbos said:
I seams that they would want to public to know of the progress they are making instead of waiting for people to find it on the financial page.

Jimbo

D*'s website seems to always be a couple of days behind.

Jimbos said:

Jimbo
And what - GeorgeLV and I are chopped liver? :eek:

If you tried the direcitons we posted, you would have found the Press Releases right on DirecTV's web site. :)

Last edited:
JAG72 said:
D*'s website seems to always be a couple of days behind.
I also disagree. I signed up for email from DirecTV a while ago, got the email at 4:59 PM EDT today about this press release, went immediately to the DirecTV web site, and read the release. Looked pretty timely to me! :)

fredfa said:
I would disagree. And it certainly wasn't behind today.

The RSN announcement was posted a few minutes before 2PM ET.
On the D* website ????
I could not find the info on their page tonight let alone this afternoon

drew2k said:
And what - GeorgeLV and I are chopped liver? :eek:

If you tried the direcitons we posted, you would have found the Press Releases right on DirecTV's web site. :)

No, not at all, I apologize, I have been bouncing around several sites and missed your post....
Thanks, I will keep this info bookmarked, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again,
Jimbo

SF Bay Area Has Fox Sports Bay Area Games in High Def

I am in the SF Bay Area and can report that the A's came through on 97 in STUNNING High Def this past weekend - as close to the Discovery Channel as I could hope.

I also noticed that I was getting the Yankees on the YES Network in High Def on Channel 95.

I've been getting the D-Rays and Marlins games on channel 96 in Tampa all month long but what I really want is a full time NATIONAL NESNHD. My only hope is that since New England is so large that it will be put on a national feed to lessen the confusion caused by having 6 spotbeams.

stuart628 said:
columbus is taken by cincy I believe which would be FSN ohio which I read is coming this fall (probably for the cavs)

I hope your right. I want my Reds in HD.

Questioner said:
nesn better come on next tuesday, don't want to be disappointed again

You shouldn't be disappointed with DirecTV. They never announced that NESN would be available in HD before this press release. You can only be disappointed in yourself for believing any Internet rumors. ;)

bonscott87 said:
You shouldn't be disappointed with DirecTV. They never announced that NESN would be available in HD before this press release. You can only be disappointed in yourself for believing any Internet rumors. ;)

Those internet rumors all proved to be true except for nesn. Obviously directv had planned to launch nesn on July 1st, but failed.

All this wonderful news means nothing if you live in the Philadelphia DMA. :mad: Comcast has to many political friends.

Gen Custer said:
New Yorkers getting YES HD games on channel 95 with an HDTIVO better not lose these games when this happens. They don't have an alternative dvr for us and they better not take our hd games away until the HR20 is out!

Tuesday July 18th Kansas City @ Boston 7:00pm NESN will be available on channel 95 nationwide to EI subscribers(except KC Royals viewing area).

Channel 95 will no longer be only YES Yankee games, THANK GOD! @party :clap :up

They are going to mix different channels in and out of there for some varirty, and most times a west coast game will be on there also.

Hart5150 said:
Tuesday July 18th Kansas City @ Boston 7:00pm NESN will be available on channel 95 nationwide to EI subscribers(except KC Royals viewing area).

Channel 95 will no longer be only YES Yankee games, THANK GOD! @party :clap :up

They are going to mix different channels in and out of there for some varirty, and most times a west coast game will be on there also.

I don't see that game on any guide.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts