RSN HD Recording issue

H2OSkier

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
I'm in Los Angeles and watch the Lakers on Fox Sports West. Of course I set up a timer to record all their games in HD. The problem I'm having is the recording just doesn't work. All that gets recorded is the screen that says there is no current programming and check back later. I can tune to the SD channel and watch the game but I have to stop the recording before the HD version is viewable.

Is anyone else having this issue ? I'm using a 622 that is under a year old.

Thank for any input.

Ken

Is the game available in HD? Also, E* doesn't show every game in HD even when available on the RSN's. It is hit and miss and may not show up on the guide even when it is on.

Is the game available in HD? Also, E* doesn't show every game in HD even when available on the RSN's. It is hit and miss and may not show up on the guide even when it is on.

In Los Angeles all the Lakers home games are in HD. I did notice something last night. The game recorded ok, but there was only one recording scheduled. I'll have to try and see if I schedule the game and something else if the game records then.

Ken

You might try not starting the recording early. Last season i recorded the wizards games and had the same issue on the HD RSN for my area. I found out that if i started the recording on time instead of 1 minute early everything was good. Otherwise i would have 3 hrs of the screen saying come back later.

I called to complain about it, but i don't know if they fixed it.

You might try not starting the recording early. Last season i recorded the wizards games and had the same issue on the HD RSN for my area. I found out that if i started the recording on time instead of 1 minute early everything was good. Otherwise i would have 3 hrs of the screen saying come back later.

I called to complain about it, but i don't know if they fixed it.

THANK YOU !! I'll give that a try. Boy what a waste to get home and get 3 hours of that darn screen.

This has happened to me on FSN-OHIO for Cavs games.....normally it works fine, but 1 or 2 times its recorded the slate for 3 hours (and yes, I'm sure the game was broadcast in HD on Dish those nights)