Rsn Help!

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
After we "moved", we started getting CSN Chicago (as expected). However, is there any way how we could get FSN Wisconsin back so we can watch our local sports? I know about the multi-sport package, but that doesn't allow us to watch to professional teams. I was thinking of moving to an address that got Chicago locals with FSN Wisconsin. Does anyone know of any address/county/area that is under these restrictions? Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially since baseball will be coming back soon--I really don't want to move back and forth for game nights:D!!!

After we "moved", we started getting CSN Chicago (as expected). However, is there any way how we could get FSN Wisconsin back so we can watch our local sports? I know about the multi-sport package, but that doesn't allow us to watch to professional teams. I was thinking of moving to an address that got Chicago locals with FSN Wisconsin. Does anyone know of any address/county/area that is under these restrictions? Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially since baseball will be coming back soon--I really don't want to move back and forth for game nights:D!!!

You'll just really have to do your research and play around with some different addresses on the DISH network website. It may not have the RSN as part of the package and you might need multi-sport. For example, I'm within the territories of the Braves, Orioles, Nationals, and Reds but SportSouth, Fox Sports South, and MASN are the only networks included for me. Sure, the alternate channels show some of the Reds games but to be assured of seeing them all, I'd need to subscribe to Multi-Sport and get FSN Cincinatti. (Not necessary -- was driving past the new Nationals Ballpark and am AMAZED at it -- will probably watch them just about exclusively on MASN or MASN 2). :) Also, you may find a place that is in the viewing area of (I'm guessing) the Brewers but also in the area of the Chicago market. Here is a link to the map of the blackout areas for Major League Baseball (assuming that is what you are concerned about):

MLBBLACKOUT.jpg (image)

It looks like you can go just across the state line of Illinois into Wisconsin and you are qualified to watch the Cubs, White Sox, and Brewers. Unfortunately, according to the Dish Network Channel Chart website (Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial)), it doesn't look like there is anywhere in Wisconsin where the Chicago locals spill over. In other words, if you want to keep your Chicago locals, you probably won't get to watch the Brewers every night. If you can stand to lose the Chicago locals, there are plenty of place (see the MLB map) where you can see the Cubs, White Sox, and Brewers all three (as well as additional teams). I don't think moving back and forth for game nights would be smart if you did it very often. :( I'm guessing you can't get the distant networks... The picture quality isn't that great and they aren't in HD, but you can essentially move anywhere then (because you don't need any locals, only the RSN).

Cade

looks like your best bet is far SE Wisconsin or an addy in Iowa.

I'd take Iowa. You'll get all three teams plus the Royals, Cardinals, and the Twins. You'll lose the Chicago locals, though.

From Milwaukee, you might possibly get something from Iowa (you'll just have to research the spot beams). If all else fails, just move to southeastern Wisconsin and then you'll get all three teams and I'm pretty certain you'd get some locals even with the spot beams. If you want to see the Brewers, you'll have to drop the Chicago locals from the way it looks.

I think that's what I'm going to end up doing. But, is there any local market that is in the brewers DMA and has HD locals offered by dish?

Live in Davenport, Iowa and get Fox North, Fox Midwest, and Comcast Chicago.

Baseball:
Twins
Brewers
Cubs
White Sox
Cardinals

Hope this helps. Getmy locals OTA.

That's a lot of teams, but like I said before, I'm also interested in getting local channels as well. Does anyone know of any markets, in the Brewers DMA, that has HD locals broadcast by dish? Does anyone have the Iowa spot beam map--to see whether it reaches the milwaukee metro area?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)