rsn's on hopper

bweiteka

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
Champaign, IL
Is there an easy way to get to a rsn instead of using the guide? 429 no longer goes to csn. It goes to 439, btn. The guide now shows all rsn's as subchannels of 412.

Is there no way to turn off this folder? The old receivers don't even show the other RSNs unless you are subscribed to the sports pack.

My elderly father watches our RSN more than any other channel. He is not so good at learning new channel numbers though. After a year and half with Dish he is finally starting to get familiar with the channel numbers. He won't be happy if FS Detroit is no longer 430. My install is tomorrow morning so I'm hoping there is a way to disable this.

I set up a Favorites called Sports. I added in those RSNs that I watch, mostly the HD channels. When I press Guide and move to my Sports favorites, I simply go to channel 412 and press select. This adds the RSN channels as a list. As long as you don't press select on 412 again, you keep the guide looking that way.

Scherrman said:
just punch in the new number. For example: 400-08 or 40008.

That's what I'm looking for, thanks. I would like to meet whover's bright idea that particular issue was...it's not the least bit helpful, just another thing to confuse existing subs.

That's what I'm looking for, thanks. I would like to meet whover's bright idea that particular issue was...it's not the least bit helpful, just another thing to confuse existing subs.
Now if they wanted to take all the ALT sports channels and put them in a group, that would make perfect sense, but the primary RSN channels should not be included.

Yes. It's extremely stupid. It is inefficient and counter-productive, which is the opposite of their intent, I'm sure.
It is a great idea for music channels. It would also be great for PPV. But, I'm sure they don't want to hide all of those revenue-producing channels from impulse buyers.
But, it's terrible for RSN's and Internationals.

I have a feeling the engineers did it because, on their end, it looks like there a gajillion RSN's (and Internationals). So, they think they are doing the right thing like they do with SiriusXM and DishCD. They don't realize that each subscriber only receives a small fraction of those channels, making the nested-channel feature a big PITA for those channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)