Couple questions - Upgrading from VIP622

nmoore82

Original poster
Well - we've upgraded from the VIP622 and so far so good with one hopper and one joey in the bedroom. Just a few issues. I had an external hard drive attached to the VIP622 and I'm guessing I can no longer view those recordings on the Hopper? (really frustrated by this!!!) Anyway I can access the recordings on my drive and convert it to something we can view?

Another issue - I'm trying to get recordings going with my Dish Network App for iPad and it won't save the timers. It keeps timing out. The thought of having to reenter 70 some timers with the remote is daunting! Anyone else having issues with their Dish Network App? I also HATE the online version of DISH online because it won't even let me type in the name of the program I want to record.

As for OTA support - is this something that I will be able to take advantage of later (like something I can plug in and install the wire)... or will it require an entire new box with the connection? Being from Oklahoma - I need to view OTA channels when the satellite goes out in case of tornadoes! lol You'd think they would have supported OTA from the get go. Right now, I just installed it directly to the TV.... guess we'll have it if we absolutely need it.

Everything that has been posted about the EHD compatibility claims there should not be a problem when connecting to the Hopper. The Hopper should recognize the EHD and all the programs on it.

There is no way to deal with the EHD files on any PC. The files system is Linux and the files themselves are encrypted

Hmmm... not sure what to do because it says there are no recordings on external device 1. Is there something I'm missing?

Should be plug and play. I had two EHDs from a 722K and 722 hooked up to the hopper. Sounds like something went wrong. I assume you've unplugged, rebooted, tried other ports, etc?

As another poster noted, Call Dish and tell them about the problem. There is something called a "Home Key", which I know nothing about, but saw in other threads, which they may change and fix your problem. There is also a known problem with this issue and the DIRT Team says that it will be corrected in future SW revs.

I have a WD My Book AV 1TB that I used on my 612/722K boxes and it works flawlessly on both Hoppers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts