RSS Feeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of RSS feeds Sam?

I use to pull RSS feeds from CNET and YAHOO and people didn't like them much because they were basically all website URLS to read the actual article.

lovely idea!

The SkyReport would be pretty interesting. Your breaking news would be a must.

With some effort you could parse it out to xml and add in "flagged" postings, things like stickys/breaking news.

Finally mix in a random dishstore.net add (keep that light though) and package it into a down loadable banner/toolbar. (flash?)

Next thing you know, you've got a few thousand people watching your content "on-the-ease"

New posts each day also. You can include (in RSS 1.X or 2) the full text and link of the post. RSS has changed alot since its early days. Really elegant now, and in beta versions of certain Microsoft software, pretty cool stuff.

Check out the RSS feeds on www.xda-developer.com - that will give you an idea of forum posts showing up in RSS feeds (they give the last 30 new posts I believe)

Ok we now have RSS feeds. :)

You can see the Feed for the entire board.
Or you can see each forum individuly.
Of you can see Each forum (and their child forums)

Just click on the
rss.gif
graphic at the top of each forum. :) (If you point to it on page where you see the ICON it will tell you what it does.

Can anyone recommend some good RSS/XML readers?

So, what is this RSS feed and what do we use it for? (pardon my ignorance)
I checked that www.xda-developer.com link, but it doesn't seem to work... :confused:

Scott
Great addition. I love being able to get all my news and forum reading in one spot. By the way, I use the Albion RSS reader.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts