RTN is now in BOSTON!

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
WMFP (Analog 62, digital 18) (Formerly Shop-at-home), is now RTN!

Their Station ID says RTX 18.1, but it is RTN

What is cool is it is NOT the same schedule as WJARDT2 (10.2 from Providence). About 75% is the same, but other shows are different.

I thought RTN was only doing a national east and national west feed now?
That all stations showed the same feeds? Am I wrong?

As far as I can find, RTN is Ku-band only on 83W
There are 2 RTN channels, "RTN East" and "RTN West"
RTN West is the same as RTN East except it runs 3 hours later.

The program change would be at the local station.

Unfortunately, the RTN national feed is a weak signal with a strong adjacent signal right now.
If you wanted to throw up a dish to get all of the programs, you'd need a 40"-48" dish to pick it up reliably right now.

So complain to the station (WMFP) and/or throw up a dish!
If you decide to throw up a dish come join us in the Free-to-Air Disccussion

Well, I don't need to put up another dish. WMFP is on our FiOS cable now on channel 23

The 2 schedules, WMFP and WJARDT2 are about 70% the same, but the rest are completely different shows at different times.

Also, WJAR runs RTN until about 2am, WMFP until 1am.

But the show are definitely different at times. I would think that is an awful lot of work by a local station to put in other shows and where did they get them? They all have the RTN bumpers in the shows, the RTN national commercials, etc.

So, I think there are customized schedules fed from RTN now that we do not know about, maybe fed over phone or HS link.

Ok

RTN is distributed to select TV Stations using IPTV

Most take east/west feeds, but some, actually work like the 'old days' of RTN, by IPTv.

WMFP is using an IPTv feed.

Also RTN has a bunch of affiliates on C-Band...about 30+

some of it has to do with the shows. If another channel in the market has that show then RTN cant show it. So they substitute another show

Interesting, so the fact there are 2 RTN affiliates close together means they are butting up on each others shows?

Well, that seems wierd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts