RTN missing in Arkansas!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

browningusa

Original poster
May 11, 2009
Arkansas
:confused:I live in Arkansas and use to get RTN on my sat. But now it is gone so I called up RTN and ask them what was going on. The man told me that RTN would be back on some time in July.:)

I have been trying for a week to get AMC 9 because I read that it has moved there but I have not been able to pick it up. AMC 9 was not listed in my Viewsat 8000 and so I added it last night and put in Tp Fq 11735H 4444 and still can not find it! Can anyone help?

I'm getting it on a DS2076 30" dish at 69Q on Coolsat 5K. What type of LNB do you have? I had to switch from a 0.4 dB to a 0.3dB in order to keep it locked.

My sonicview picks it up as 11734H 4440 3/4. It is hard to get and very weak too.I only get about 40 on it right now but I need to do some tweaking.

You could try to pick up the nbc news color bars at 11774H 4232 5/6 its alot stronger.

I am using a
Invacom QPH031 Quad Polar LNBF (CP/LP)
Linear (FSS)
Input
11.7~12.2 GHz
Output
950~1450 MHz
LO
10750 MHz
Gain
50-60 dB
Circular (DSS)
Input
12.2~12.7 GHz
Output
950~1450 MHz
LO
11250 MHz
Noise
0.3 dB

That should work. Double check your skew and focal length, and then tweak the azimuth and altitude. RTN is hard to hit. It took me the better part of a day to hit it the first time.

Here's maybe a possibility: There's a recent thread around here saying that the weight of the QPH-031 could be an issue with the LNB being at the focal point if the dish does not have LNB support arms.

I would aim it to the stronger transponder and go from there.

July? huhh?
I still get RTN in AR. and I'm all in the trees aiming through a small opening.
AMC9 11737 H 4440 primestar dish and lnb. Lof:10750
Try adjusting the lnb scew. twist it a tad...

The missing RTA channel that I was talking about was on galaxy 10R. So I am trying to get it on AMC 9. I think that I might have a light pole in the way. it is about 40 to 50 ft from the house where I have the dish mounted.

i haven't been able to lock a signal on RTN either in N,Al. i tuned into the transponders 12140 and 12160 and get pretty strong signals there,one at 60 and the other at 75,but absolutely nothing on the RTN transponders,since reading this thread i tweaked my dish a little more though i think it's about tweaked out. i'm doing a blind scan on 4 to see if maybe it hits it somewhere.i get good signals on several transponders so far and have scanned in the channel AMC-9/3F,some transponders jump up to a 95 signal,i would figure that with signal that strong i would get something on the RTN channels.

I can't imagine how long it would take locating AMC9 83w by hand - I'm in SW Michigan and aligned my 1m dish on AMC9 using the hughes tp on 12060 vertical with my Satlook NIT spectrum analyser. I noticed it is really difficult to locate as the Bell spikes for 82w start to appear as I peak the signal for 83w. The other way 85 w spikes show within a 3/4 millimeters of dish movement.
Having peaked the signal RTN still manages to slip below my 40% threshold and break up.
Why can't RTN use a decent transponder and a far higher Symbol rate and get some real quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)