RTN (Race Track Network) on 119 now?

gislands

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
California
Hi all,
A few years ago I looked into getting RTN (Race Track Network) and back then I would have needed a new dish. It seems they have migrated it over to 119 now with the other channels. So I feel like I am asking a question I already have the answer to, but I live in Northern California and have the Hopper/Joey setup. I don't need another dish now or another LNB do I? Here is the Lyngsat link and RTN is about a third the way down.
Thanks,
GIslands

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Dish-USA-119W.html

Yes, but depending upon what reflector you have, you can switch out the LNBF's to the newer integrated 110, 118, and 119 with a single LNBF for 129, but that also depends upon your current wiring. You could go to a local dealer and have them price you what the change out would cost. Considering the high cost of RTN, I would think you would be willing to pay maybe what is likely 1/3 of the cost of RTN for a change-out install.

Okay, so it is not a major deal but now that I have the new dish that gets 118 when I flip on the horse racing channels sometimes I get a "complete signal loss" screen for like 2 seconds and then the channel appears. Now is this a function of the "switch" and is it normal? So it's not a big deal for the receivers but the one thing that irritates me is that on the app/website to use the hopper's sling I cannot get one of the two HD RTN channels. Again, the receiver thinks it is "acquiring a signal". Also the young kid who came out took five hours to install the new dish. He was having problems so he had to call another tech to help. They did a ton of trouble shooting and turns out when he stripped the coax at the dish it still had a fine layer of the inner shielding around the copper part. Poor kid... five hours! No rewiring or nothing. I included an image of what I am talking about on channel 9732. And the working 9731 channel in HD. 9732 should be active at this time or at least have a slate graphic up.

Attachments

• Dish signal loss.JPG
    Dish signal loss.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 9731.JPG
    9731.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 199

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)