Rude CSR @ Dish!

they not only crap on the customers at various times but you wouldn't believe the amount of times they throw a tech under the bus when the customer calls about an issue or for a new connect and we "the techs" arrive and they start complaining cause we can't give them what they said we would. I like so many other techs really get sick of it.

Why would anyone call customer service when we have DIRT who are polite and can do just about anything? :confused:

I know I say this a lot on here but STOP CALLING DISH. They rarely seem to be informed on what is actually going on and tell customers about anything to be done with the call. If you can be understanding and patient then go ahead, otherwise come here for questions.

they not only crap on the customers at various times but you wouldn't believe the amount of times they throw a tech under the bus when the customer calls about an issue or for a new connect and we "the techs" arrive and they start complaining cause we can't give them what they said we would. I like so many other techs really get sick of it.

I understand, they do the same to retailers. They also like to promise the world to customers and hold the retailer or tech to do it.

When i get a Dish CSR the first thing I get is their Dish ID number. Write it down before you vist with them about ur problem. 1. Makes most of them think about how they handle you. Once the conversation gets nasty..you never know if they give you their right Dish ID number..

I know I say this a lot on here but STOP CALLING DISH. They rarely seem to be informed on what is actually going on and tell customers about anything to be done with the call. If you can be understanding and patient then go ahead, otherwise come here for questions.

That's the impression I got as well. They just wanted to get me off the phone as fast as possible. To improve phone service, it will require some fundamental changes in their philosophy, but it's not impossible. If the phone support was as good as the Dish Internet Support guys on this forum, they'd be #1 in my book!

I have also noticed that their chat support is mostly not us-based.

I've chatted with them before, since it's easier than calling (I might be cleaning, and can clean while I wait for a response).

They have the oddest names as well. Two that made my laugh were "Rambo" and "Shamu". I kid you not, those were their names.

While I have not had any issue with RUDE reps, some reps have really poor "engrish" and I have trouble explaining things to them.

Technically, you cannot blame dish for a rude CSR. It's like bitching at the gas clerk for gas going up. Dish just hires the people, and has no control on their attitude.

I will say this, I'm sure being a CSR is very stressful, it must take some serious patience to explain things to people that have no clue about something.

If I am not having luck with one I just hang up and try again. I get tired of wasting my time with someone that obviously is not going to help me with my issue. Been there and done that enough times to know better than to waste my breath on some.

You have to remember not all CSR's are well informed like us in this forum, that's why there's different department support for those specific questions, And of course the dirt members here that can help, With the technology today is not that difficult to find nowadays, Google is your friend or a simple search here

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
I've been mostly lucky with the support via chat except on the day the Hopper was launched. I quit using the 800# two or three years ago because I became sick of trying to decipher Mike from Texas with the heavy Indian accent. I'm good with accents when it's a TV show but my hearing on the phone is terrible.

Isn't everybody overworked and underpaid? That's no excuse for employees to be rude to customers, IMHO. If I treated someone that way at my work, I'd be canned. I don't make excuses for my behavior.

Nope, not everyone. My local paper had an article about McDonalds employees making $15-$20/hour and getting full benefits in Dickinson, North Dakota. I imagine that these employees are pretty content right now. I know I would be if I was making that kind of money at McDonalds.

http://www.dailypaul.com/181800/out...-a-hiring-boom-even-mcdonalds-pays-15-an-hour

(this isn't my paper)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts