Rude CSR @ Dish!

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Anybody had any issues with rude and inept CSR's at Dish? I know there are crab apples at every company, but this woman was awful. I was calling this morning to reference a tech support call I made to "broadband support" last evening; I had written down the CSR's name, operator ID and call confirmation number. The agent I spoke to this morning couldn't find any notes or record of the previous agent's operator ID. She basically called me a liar and treated me like the scum of the earth. I had Directv for 4 years and NEVER had I been treated that poorly with them. When I confronted the agent and told her I thought she was rude and out of line, she read me a canned response about how they have the "best rated customer service in the business." Well, I told her I thought that didn't include her! What a jerk! :eek:

Thank God for the friendly folks at this forum, including the Dish Support Team guys who work on these boards. You are wonderful. :D Phone support, apparently not so much.

Well, I told her I thought that didn't include her! What a jerk! :eek: QUOTE]

I probably would have flushed you right there.

My experience, CSRs dont become peeved for the heck of it.
These folks are under a lot of pressure in terms of acheiving stats which is something most people dont know/appreciate nor understand so give 'em a break.

Cheers, K

Good grief. Fortunately such a thing has not happened to me. But it stands to reason that, if Dish is the worst company to work for, that they would have a very high employee turnover. They are probably scraping the bottom of the barrel. Perhaps they outsourced to the Colorado State Penitentiary. ;)

Well, I told her I thought that didn't include her! What a jerk! :eek: QUOTE]

I probably would have flushed you right there.

These folks are under a lot of pressure in terms of acheiving stats which is something most people dont know/appreciate nor understand so give 'em a break.

Cheers, K

Sorry, but I have to disagree. I don't care what kind of pressure she is under. Her job is to be polite, courteous and understanding. If a CSR is anything less, the customer has the right and obligation to say something. We, the Dish customers, pay their salaries.

sorry but I disagree. I called the other day to do a move for my Directv account and the address I live in now is through a 3rd party biller. WHen I called the 3rd party and told them I was moving into a building that they handle but I'm already a sub I was told
"You need to cancel your Directv sub and sign up through us"

When I explained I was in a contract and were they going to pay the cancel fee he rudely said
"No. Its not our fault you moved into a building we handle"

SERIOUSLY????

Spoke to an Advance Technical support CSR that denied there being an OTA dongle for the Hopper. I said I thought it plugged into USB and he started telling me how the antenna would hook up coax to an OTA input. Again, this was ADVANCED tech support.

@ Ice --> I had to reread that a few times and I still dont get it.

Am defending over worked, under paid and stressed out CSRs... seems to me you unfortunatey landed on a dumb one.

Cheers, K

Sorry, but I have to disagree. I don't care what kind of pressure she is under. Her job is to be polite, courteous and understanding. If a CSR is anything less, the customer has the right and obligation to say something. We, the Dish customers, pay their salaries.

If you feel you were wronged for no good reason, I suggest you call back, ask to speak to a manager and request they listen to a copy of the recorded phone call.

Am defending over worked, under paid and stressed out CSRs... seems to me you unfortunatey landed on a dumb one.

Cheers, K

Isn't everybody overworked and underpaid? That's no excuse for employees to be rude to customers, IMHO. If I treated someone that way at my work, I'd be canned. I don't make excuses for my behavior.

When I moved into my apartment it is handled through a company that gives us the Choice package for free in the rent. So when I called Directv to move they told me I had to call this rebiller which is fine. They can move the account as is.
The "rep" I spoke to told me I had to cancel DIrectv (which would inquire a penalty as I have 1 year left) and sign up through them. When I asked about the termination fee the guy basically said it wasnt HIS fault I moved into that apartment complex

as someone who has worked in call centers for AT&T, an insurance tracking center, and My Pillow I learned yes you can get yelled at by people. But don't let it get to you. Be the better person and treat them with respect.

Once there was an Indian woman I think (because of the accent), and I was asking for the Roku. I have Latino 2, and she actually told me liar, that I don't even had AMC in my package, why I wanted the Roku, to watch what... :eek:... and she hung :rant:

Latino 2 has AMC :rolleyes:

" That's no excuse for employees to be rude to customers"

I agree w/ you 100% and that goes both ways too.

Glad we finally both agree ;) I simply reacted in kind to her initial behavior, which was rude from the get-go. I don't like to get angry with people on purpose. It's not how I like to be.

Yeah there no reason for anyone to act that way they all should be thankful for having a Job and remember we pay their bills which means they work for us. If she was so unhappy its a free country go work someone where else. Most cases I speak to someone else or a higher up if I run into any of that kind of BS.

Am always calm and very respectful...the moment any CSR tells me something I dont like, I usually say, "ok then, have a good day and thanks for your help" then call back and get someone else. No need arguing or getting worked up about it since you wont get further ahead.

Cheers. K

Am always calm and very respectful...the moment any CSR tells me something I dont like, I usually say, "ok then, have a good day and thanks for your help" then call back and get someone else. No need arguing or getting worked up about it since you wont get further ahead.

Cheers. K

This is true, and I agree. However, this being my first real one-on-one phone call with Dish (other than setting up my system last month), I was kinda shocked. I did call back and speak to a supervisor who fixed things up for me. He was very apologetic for the previous CSR.

Spoke to an Advance Technical support CSR that denied there being an OTA dongle for the Hopper. I said I thought it plugged into USB and he started telling me how the antenna would hook up coax to an OTA input. Again, this was ADVANCED tech support.

LOL! Glad I waited a second to sip my coffee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts