Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I dont know if this is 100% legit but I did get it from two sources and to me it sounds like BIG NEWS so thought I would pass it along...

Great News!! - You have no reason to lose a customer to their locals again.

DISH Network has officially made an agreement to provide locals to all customers in the U.S. within the next 2 years. DISH Network is working aggressively to make this happen sooner than later so all customers will be able to receive locals.

Not only will every household have access to locals, but customers who do not have locals in their area will have access to distant locals. Although we have not determined what locals customers will receive we can guarantee that they will be available within the next 2 years.

As we learn more on progress towards this goal, we will provide updates. Stay Tuned!
Let's hope this one is TRUE.

Yes Scott I think you are right. Yesterday, I received a reply from Dish Network on a question I sent in about adding the other 5 HD locals available here in Los Angeles. The CS rep said they are working on something Very BIG that will make all Dish Network subscribers Very Happy regarding their SD & HD Locals. If I can retrive the email, I will post it.

Yes Scott I think you are right. Yesterday, I received a reply from Dish Network on a question I sent in about adding the other 5 HD locals available here in Los Angeles. The CS rep said they are working on something Very BIG that will make all Dish Network subscribers Very Happy regarding their SD & HD Locals. If I can retrive the email, I will post it.

Now we know the rumor is busted if a CS rep is saying it. They are the last people to know anything of significance. :D

I think this is about a potential agreement with congress that would allow Dish to offer Distant Network channels again if they promise to provide local channels to 100% of the country within two years. However, I don't think Dish will be required to offer ALL HD channels available in a local market.......although I would certainly be in favor of that!

Umm, sound to me like the new bill in congress. We have known this for a while. Nce to have confirmation, though.

Now wake me when Dish gets the CW, PBS, and MNTV up in all markets those are in in HD.

I dont know if this is 100% legit but I did get it from two sources and to me it sounds like BIG NEWS so thought I would pass it along...

Let's hope this one is TRUE.
Scott, seriously, do you really think this is such a big deal? I mean, a rumor of smthing that can take up to 2 YEARS to take place? Plus, no mention about HD locals whatsoever?

Wake me up when Dish offers here in NYC metro all the local HDs that, for instance, Time Warner does....

Scott, seriously, do you really think this is such a big deal? I mean, a rumor of smthing that can take up to 2 YEARS to take place? Plus, no mention about HD locals whatsoever?

Wake me up when Dish offers here in NYC metro all the local HDs that, for instance, Time Warner does....

Good news for people who can't get locals from Dish. Consider yourself lucky you have any local HD from Dish. We currently don't have any and are scheduled for 11/18 launch of local HD. Hoping I don't have to get a wing dish for something they have room for on 129.

Not a rumor... caught the article on multichannel news a few weeks ago. If Dish provides all the DMA's then they can pull in locals from adjacent markets to fill in the stations that DMA is missing.

End of 2012 they will have to have all the stations in HD in any market they carry HD.

Not a rumor... caught the article on multichannel news a few weeks ago. If Dish provides all the DMA's then they can pull in locals from adjacent markets to fill in the stations that DMA is missing.

What about PBS or CW in HD for all markets that don't have it now?

What about PBS or CW in HD for all markets that don't have it now?

They didn't talk about SD or HD in that article... just basically if they had all DMAs they could fill in the channels with adjacent markets. They are probably talking about ABC, CBS, FOX, & NBC if I had to guess. If one market has a CW only SD, they aren't going to bring in another because it is HD and override the one in the market.

What will happen with AAD? Do you think they will lose the ability to offer distant nets? Or since they are a different company, can they still offer them? Will I be grandfathered in since I already have waivers?

What will happen with AAD? Do you think they will lose the ability to offer distant nets? Or since they are a different company, can they still offer them? Will I be grandfathered in since I already have waivers?

I would not be surprised if Dish had a provision in their contract with ADD to cancel the TP usage. I suspect that if Dish had a full set of networks in every market they might end the ADD lease and get their 2 TPs back, hence no more distants available.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how they define "all" - especially near DC. Lot of OTA channels here, most aren't carried by Dish today. At least one (ch 30) is running 10 subchannels. And unless they provide them for free, I'll stick with my OTA setup anyway.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how they define "all" - especially near DC. Lot of OTA channels here, most aren't carried by Dish today. At least one (ch 30) is running 10 subchannels. And unless they provide them for free, I'll stick with my OTA setup anyway.
Hey is WUFO still on the air?

I can see it now. One station in a market wants a LOT of money for their HD feed knowing they can get away with it because without their HD feed, none of the other network stations will be allowed to have their HD feed carried as well. Result : everytime there is a contract dispute then the rest of the network stations will have to go SD until contract dispute is settled. Is this how things are going to be or are they going to put something in the law to prevent something stupid like this from happening?

I also see all the rest of the local markets being added being SD only and the savings in bandwidth that 8PSK will allow will allow Dish Network to add the rest of the local markets easily.

If they want to provide out of are network stations to markets that do not have all of the networks in their market, will they require those to be in HD as well? Was this well thought out?