Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am hearing from two seperate sources that we could see the new DIRECTV HD GUI as early as this week!

Many of us have been waiting for this for a long long time!

Its going to be exciting to see... however remember when you do the CE's there is a risk so always remember that before downloading any CE.

I personally can't wait to see it... Goodbye Colecovision! :D :D

Whats does the new hdgui do and makes it so good ? ty for help :)

It takes the DirecTV 16 bit looking guide and turns it into a full HD user interface.

I am really excited and cant wait to help test it!

Wow - would be a welcome shock, after the endless stream of maintenance Under the hood releases.

tyvm scott apreciate it.i wonder if its going to be an automatic update or the usual manual update and i bet its manual update...wb and hope you had a great birthday anniversary and cruise :)

It will be made available to everyone in October, but it will be going for CE testesr possibly as soon as tonight. It will be in testing until October.

I haven't been over there just reporting what I am hearing...

I am just excited to have it finally coming... the worst thing about DIRECTV now is there GUI looks terrible... I hope the new HD GUI gives DIRECTV the polish they deserve.

I was going to try and be more gentile with my remarks, however, I was wondering why they were so status quo at the "other" forum. I hope that your rumour is correct, and we will get to begin testing the HD GUI.

It's so great to see the announcement here that we're getting the HD GUI tonight. Thx so much for the news. Can't wait until later tonite. Cool man, cool.

It's so great to see the announcement here that we're getting the HD GUI tonight. Thx so much for the news. Can't wait until later tonite. Cool man, cool.

NObody here said we were getting the new HD GUI tonight, it was said that we COULD be getting it tonight.

I can just see the complaining if it's NOT tonight that Scott SAID so and it didn't happen .....

The CE notes are in, very vague as always. Under the hood.

The "tagline" for this week's CE at dbstalk is "Sweet". Read into that what you will.

That said, the "risk" is moderate, if it had a whole new interface I would guess it would be a higher risk, but who really knows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)