Rumor Alert: New HDGUI Coming to CE

I have tried several times to get my HR24-100 do force a software and no luck. As soon as I reset the receiver I see the Hello screen and I start hitting 0 2 4 6 8 and it does not go to the download. The hello screen comes and goes to quick. Is the 0x4a7 the latest software?

It might be that your TV is sensing the signal going away when you do the reset and it is trying to switch modes. By the time it comes back the Hello screen is already almost done. Try starting the (0 2 4 6 8) 5 seconds after you release the reset button, whether there is a picture or not.

It's too late to get this week's CE (not that it was anything special), but the latest national release is 0x4a7. This week's CE is 0x4c4. You CAN practice your forcing timing on the national release, because the forced download always works regardless of if the latest release is installed or not.

Yeah this will be nice that would be the only thing I think Direct needed to update was the look of their guide so if they do this to me they will be set.. So far I have been really happy with Direct and they have always worked with me on my bill if there were certain things I wanted to keep... :)

I just hope thier new guide shows more than 1.5 hours, and more than six channels on a screen. Most customers use bigger TVs than back when DirecTV designed this guide / service, ten years ago.

Three hours and eight channels would be wonderful!

options for us would be good to change these things around like i used to do with my vip622

could this be the weekend we get the new hdgui or will it be soon? im betting on soon :D;) :)

talked to a csr in tech support and she said the hdgui will be an automatic download and its coming that magical word soon ;) :) dont know whether to believe that csr but she seemed to know what i was talking about and she knew about the knew receiver coming in the fall to winter for the new receiver :)

talked to a csr in tech support and she said the hdgui will be an automatic download and its coming that magical word soon ;) :) dont know whether to believe that csr but she seemed to know what i was talking about and she knew about the knew receiver coming in the fall to winter for the new receiver :)

They are ALL automatic downloads, the issue is, those that do the CE software get things like this sooner.
CE'ers may have it a month or so sooner than the general population ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts