(Rumor) AOL On Demand coming to all digital cable customers in Tampa Bay Area:

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
This is indeed the rumor I've been hearing from a few people I know. This is what I'm being told. This will be part of the Free On Demand channels in the 300s. You don't need to be an AOL member. I'm hearing that this service will allow customers to view high quality music videos and AOL Sessions content on any digital cable box in the home. You can browse the music videos by genre, artist, song and album. You will have access to hundres of music videos and hundreds more being offering in the future. I'm hearing that unlike the other On Demand channels the music videos won't change unless they can no longer legally show the music videos. As new music videos are offered online they will also be part of the On Demand service. I'm also hearing rumors that in the future after the launch they will start to offer Dolby Digital 5.1 music videos. The digital boxes will get a firmware update to decode the closed surround sound codec and output it in the Dolby Digital 5.1 format so all current surround sound receivers can decode them. The music videos that will be in surround sound will be marked as such. Also HDTV quality music videos will also be planned at a later date and these music videos will include surround sound and will be under another channel that would be marked AOL Music for HDTV customers.

But the first offering to come will be just the non HDTV and non surround sound music videos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts