Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have just heard a VERY strong rumor that DirecTV will begin offering a no risk guarentee which will be starting on April 26th and will conclude on July 1st.

The customer will be able to chose from various install options including a DVR and will be able to use it for 30 days with no risk. They will also get the Total Choice Plus package.

If a customer is not happy they can call before the end of 30 days for all money back and no costs out of their pocket (note they would be responsable for any PPV's they order)

This offer is only for credit approved customers and after 30 days standard commitments apply.

More as we know it...

My first impression is that the new D* rental program wherein subscribers have to pay up an upfront cost to LEASE equipment is not going as well as they hoped.

They really aren't the brightest bulbs when it comes to what customers want. How long will it take for them to realize that they can't dictate what they will provide and hope the customers go along with it?:rolleyes:

I believe customers have 30 days to try out DirecTV without having to pay cancellation fees. You do have to pay for the programming you've watched in the 30 days, however. Certain packages qualify. International programming customers do not qualify in this promotion.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
I believe customers have 30 days to try out DirecTV without having to pay cancellation fees. You do have to pay for the programming you've watched in the 30 days, however. Certain packages qualify. International programming customers do not qualify in this promotion.

I don't think they do. I wanted to test the HD waters with DTV but was very apprehensive about spending $500+ for the new dish and DVR. Not to mention getting locked into a 2 yr contract. When I spoke to the CSR I specifically asked if I could try it for 30 days like my cable company and I was told absolutely not. So I connected with Brighthouse.

vlj9r said:
I don't think they do. I wanted to test the HD waters with DTV but was very apprehensive about spending $500+ for the new dish and DVR. Not to mention getting locked into a 2 yr contract. When I spoke to the CSR I specifically asked if I could try it for 30 days like my cable company and I was told absolutely not. So I connected with Brighthouse.
Right now, no, they don't have such a trial program. But this thread was about a possible future program that D* will launch soon. Right now, you can't cancel without penalty the very second after you activate. But when this new promo hits, you'll have 30 days to evaluate. So if you haven't gotten DirecTV yet, you may want to wait. By the way, this is NOT good for retailers if they get a bunch of customers that decide to just before their 30 days are up. That'd hurt us for sure.

The new promo of one month of Total Choice Plus free is going to hurt even more. The three months of 4 premium movies and TC reduced to $29.99 is worth far more than A $49.99 discount for 1 month. GET YOUR DIRECTV SYSTEM before April 26th.

This is the same thing that major cell phone companies do, and I doubt it is a big deal for them, I think it would lure customers, anyways I anticipate that after 30 days of their malfunctioning boxes new customers will be out the window

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Right now, no, they don't have such a trial program. But this thread was about a possible future program that D* will launch soon. Right now, you can't cancel without penalty the very second after you activate. But when this new promo hits, you'll have 30 days to evaluate. So if you haven't gotten DirecTV yet, you may want to wait. By the way, this is NOT good for retailers if they get a bunch of customers that decide to just before their 30 days are up. That'd hurt us for sure.

Well if DTV lives up to the customers expectations then it will not be a problem for retailers.

RVD420 said:
Well if DTV lives up to the customers expectations then it will not be a problem for retailers.
Then they had better wait until late 2007 to do it. I cant imagine them retaining many new HD customers with the current state of HD PQ.

I guess you've all seen by now that E* has jumped out and initiated a 30 day guarantee program, and they're crowing about being the "only" satellite provider with such a program. Perhaps now you all will understand why D* is so tight-lipped with its upcoming plans and promotions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts