rumor of dp+ 34 switch

tski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
has anyone heard this rumor around yet? a dish tech told me they were developing a dp+ 34 switch.

that would work out great for these installers. I know when I installed Dish network and the customer had there locals on a superdish it was sometimes hard to run two lines to some of the dual tuner receivers.

just rumour so far, it would be fruitless to make though as the dpp44 is a step up as opposed to the dpp34 being a step down, I'd just like the switch to not have to use a power inserter and transformer and not weigh a ton.

Introducing the All new DP+ 86 switch!

Supports 61.5, 105, 110, 119, 121, 129, 148, and you still have room for 1 more!

Also supports up to 6 dual tuner receivers...

Comes included with the Super Duper Dish, which gets all of the above satellites..

Warning: Must be on a pole mount, cherry picker required to install dish.

OoTLink said:
Introducing the All new DP+ 86 switch!

Supports 61.5, 105, 110, 119, 121, 129, 148, and you still have room for 1 more!

Also supports up to 6 dual tuner receivers...

Comes included with the Super Duper Dish, which gets all of the above satellites..

Warning: Must be on a pole mount, cherry picker required to install dish.

You forgot 72.5 i think it is.. (the mexican slot) that dish is testing.. I guess mexican service.. :D theres your 6th slot :p

8th slot. The only problem is that many dishes (or a super duper dish) would probably piss homeowner associations off :D

OoTLink said:
8th slot. The only problem is that many dishes (or a super duper dish) would probably piss homeowner associations off :D
As long as each dish is under 1 meter is size, you can tell them where to put it. :D

I thought there was a limit on the number of dishes. I know the limit in size is 39 inches and the SuperDish is 34 inches (metal) 36 inches (plastic) in width.

Van said:
just rumour so far, it would be fruitless to make though as the dpp44 is a step up as opposed to the dpp34 being a step down, I'd just like the switch to not have to use a power inserter and transformer and not weigh a ton.

Sorry, but are you a real tech?! How can you say that's a step down? Think about it for a minute. The DPPlus44 switch is sometimes an overkill, not to mention VERY EXPENSIVE to the retailers and DISH Network. The retail price for DPP44 switch is a whopping $199 (same retail price for a 322 receiver) while DP34 switch is only $75. If they can make a DPP34 switch with a retail price of $99 or so, that'd help out tremendously. The point is that we need a DPPlus switch that's cheaper than the DPP44 to install SuperDISH105, SuperDISH121, and Dish1000's. Then we can run only one line for each dual tuner receiver without the need of an expensive DPP44 switch to do that feat. Plus, the extra satellite input on the DPP44 switch is often not used unless you're really going after 4 satellite signals like in the case of 2 SuperDISHes, SuperDISH AND wing, DISH1000 with wing, or DISH500 with both 148 and 61.5 wings.

You have to look at the picture as a whole, DISH Network as a supplier, retailer as a distributor, and subscriber as a consumer. If the customer has to pay the difference for a DPPlus 44 switch when they can get a DPPlus 34 switch (if existed) to do the job, they'd pay a fortune! If the DPPlus 34 switch came out, it may only cost the customer $50 to use that vs. the standard switch and LNBF combo.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Sorry, but are you a real tech?! How can you say that's a step down? Think about it for a minute. The DPPlus44 switch is sometimes an overkill, not to mention VERY EXPENSIVE to the retailers and DISH Network. The retail price for DPP44 switch is a whopping $199 (same retail price for a 322 receiver) while DP34 switch is only $75. If they can make a DPP34 switch with a retail price of $99 or so, that'd help out tremendously. The point is that we need a DPPlus switch that's cheaper than the DPP44 to install SuperDISH105, SuperDISH121, and Dish1000's. Then we can run only one line for each dual tuner receiver without the need of an expensive DPP44 switch to do that feat. Plus, the extra satellite input on the DPP44 switch is often not used unless you're really going after 4 satellite signals like in the case of 2 SuperDISHes, SuperDISH AND wing, DISH1000 with wing, or DISH500 with both 148 and 61.5 wings.

Ok think about this then. Is it cost effective for a company such as dish to produce a dp 34, a dpp34, a dpp44, dp21, L21, L44, and L64? No its not because the costs to produce multiple lines are higher than if you produced just two lines. What would be the rational to continue to produce a switch that only gets 3 locations when there is a growing demand for 4 locations? Sure the current price of the switch is pretty high but it will come down soon enough just as the price on other items have.

As it is E doesnt seem to be manufacturing the L44 and L64 anymore nor are they making the Ltwin and Lsingle and dpsingle, I'd also have to guess that they have stopped or are going to stop producing the L21, Lquad, Ldual because dishpro receivers are replacing old legacy models and what legacy switchs and lnbfs we get at dns right now are all reman except for the L21's.

The thing to keep in mind is that 4 sat configurations are on the rise, just look at the posts on this forum over the last year or so and you will see that there has been alot of interest in it and some people that want to do a 5 sat configuration.

Maybe in 6 months, your point will be well taken but for now a DPP34 switch is a WELCOME upgrade to the DP34 switch. The DPP44 switch hardly gets used in our office (vs. DP34 switch), whether it be for retail sales installations or direct referral installations for DNSC. I can definitely see when customers will need it but they sometimes end up footing the bill which isn't a win-win situation for everyone when the customer just needed single lines to get the job done.

When and if DPP44 switch drops in price signficantly, sure the DPP34 switch won't be as appreciated as the $2 bill but until then, I welcome with open hands. :)

Oh yeah, if Dish ever makes a DP86, it better be chrome with gold connectors or something because if you're paying that much, it better be GOOD! :D

I'd love a DPP34. The DP34 kicks my butt :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)