Rumor over on DBSTalk saying some Viacom channels going down

All I got to say is Echostar must have one hell of a legal staff. The merger for DirecTV, The loral issue, the Gemstar suit and an endless amount of suits never unemploy lawyers at Echostar.

I just hope the lawyers are not the reason the rates are going up.

List of Viacom/CBS stations, cable/sat channels, etc.: http://www.cjr.org/tools/owners/viacom.asp

Excuse me? Would contribute to a higher monthly rate increase? Ain't they planning that anyways? Drop channels, raise rates, lose subscribers, that should be my new signature.

Yes the poster may have been legit but was passing along old news. His information was abouot 24 hours old when he posted it. (We know how quickly things change)

What I know now is that as long as all parties are still talking the channels will ramin on the air.

Let's just hope they stay talking.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes the poster may have been legit but was passing along old news. His information was abouot 24 hours old when he posted it. (We know how quickly things change)

What I know now is that as long as all parties are still talking the channels will ramin on the air.

Let's just hope they stay talking.

Scott, maybe it was old, but it looks like most folks didn't know anything about E* and Viacom getting close to pulling the plug, Turner yes, Viacom no. It looks like it was really close to actually happening since JohnH posted that they even had a channel set up with a slide saying the channel was gone.

Scott, maybe it was old, but it looks like most folks didn't know anything about E* and Viacom getting close to pulling the plug, Turner yes, Viacom no. It looks like it was really close to actually happening since JohnH posted that they even had a channel set up with a slide saying the channel was gone.

rad,
that channel (slide) had been uplinked since 12/30..this is per TNGTony's "Dish Channel Chart" on 12/30

Dish apparently has a "slate" ready for the CBS O&O stations. The following channels have a duplicate number "in the wings" on transponder 18 at 119°: 8001, 8031, 8101, 8131, 8151, 8201, 8221, 8251, 8401, 8491, 8531, 8571, 8731, 8771 and 8831. They are not yet (and hopefully will never be) available to subscribers. (ANON) It is unknown what the slate says. Speculation says that Dish and CBS may be having some difficulty reaching a 12/31 agreement for renewal of carriage agreements. I have not added the duplicate listing to the chart at this time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)