rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
OK, from what it's worth, http://www.dbstalk.com//showthread.php?p=182570#post182570

The poster, Tasydra, is supposed to be a Dish insider who's just popped up. I could be interesting tomorrow if Charlie really lets it happen.

hemway said:
Which channels will this effect?

Go look at the post on the other site for a list. See the link in the first post in this thread. Not trying to be an a**hole but it was on their site first.

sparker said:
trying to remember I know I saw

SpikeTV
MTV
MTV2
VH1
BET

I know there was quite a few more

MTV, Nickelodeon, VH1, TV Land, Spike TV, CMT, Noggin, VH1 Classic, MTV2 and Comedy Central, BET, is some of the Viacom channels on DirecTV, although I don't remember which ones Dish has of these. It will NOT affect Showtime, although the person listed Sundance (and one other movie channel) as well as CBS in O&O markets and several UPN stations throughout the country including WBSK in Boston which would affect the Superstations package.

~Alan<~~~~~~~~Who can quit trying to figure out if he wants to switch to Dish if they do leave, although would be EXTREMELY surprised if they did.

For what it's worth my contacts that are in the office don't have any idea about this, they only know that negoations continue.

Guess we shall see in a few hours.

What a Bunch of BS ! There is nouthing on the retailers hidden channels about this. Move on people there is nouthing to see here !

Maybe there's more truth to this then you think. A post by JohnH over on DBSTalk says:

Within the last hour or so the following message was placed in readiness on transponder 18 of EchoStar 7 at 119w for the possible turnoff of the CBS O&O stations:

DISH Network sincerely regrets that this CBS channel, owned and operated by Viacom, is currently unavailable. Viacom has demanded rate increases which are unreasonable and would contribute to a higher monthly bill for you. We continually strive to control costs on behalf of our customers and are hopeful that this matter will be resolved quickly.

For more information, see
www.dishnetwork.com/programming or
call 888-200-0451.

Only a few hours to go and will know if this is just some bogus rumor or if Charlie has called Viacom's bluff and pulled the plug. Should be very interesting.

rad said:
Maybe there's more truth to this then you think. A post by JohnH over on DBSTalk says:

Within the last hour or so the following message was placed in readiness on transponder 18 of EchoStar 7 at 119w for the possible turnoff of the CBS O&O stations:

DISH Network sincerely regrets that this CBS channel, owned and operated by Viacom, is currently unavailable. Viacom has demanded rate increases which are unreasonable and would contribute to a higher monthly bill for you. We continually strive to control costs on behalf of our customers and are hopeful that this matter will be resolved quickly.

For more information, see
www.dishnetwork.com/programming or
call 888-200-0451.

Only a few hours to go and will know if this is just some bogus rumor or if Charlie has called Viacom's bluff and pulled the plug. Should be very interesting.

Of course, it's possible they are only having problems with the O&O stations... at least I think.

~Alan<~~~~~~~~~~~Who's never been in contract negotiations...

Almost fifteen minutes after midnight, and CBS owned and operated WCBS New York is still on the air...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)