Rumor: Sprint Working with Walmart on WiMax Build Out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
Rumor: Sprint Working with Walmart on WiMax Build Out
I know this story was back on January 12th but i find this really interesting and exciting!:up
Rumor: Sprint Working with Walmart on WiMax Build Out | AndroidGuys

Here's a rumor that we'd like to see play out if only for curiosity's sake. According a tipster of ours, Sprint has been working with an unusual partner on a project to help build out their WiMax network. As we all know the carrier plans to release handsets later this year with WiMax capability. But what good are these cool http://www.androidguys.com/2010/01/12/rumor-sprint-working-with-walmart-on-wimax-build-out/# if there's no network to support it? Enter that mysterious partner... Wal-Mart.

I recently got the pleasure to speak with a sprint field tech. We chatted while he was transitioning some of our data circuits and he showed me similar info on his laptop of all the towers in his "area" that we're scheduled to be in place or upgraded to 4g coverage. What I didn't understand was all the locations in my county that showed 4g towers that didn't exist currently.

I asked him if this meant sprint was going to build alot of towers or lease alot. He said all he heard was it didn't really involve towers as we think of them today.

I don't know if walmart is really involved, but the ones we have around here already have decent towers on their property, for what I don't know really.

I'd like to see it happen, but then again, I don't have any 4g device and don't plan on one anytime soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts