(RUMOR) This weeks new DISH HD Launches are...

I forgot one new HD channel...

ID HD (Investigation Discoverty)

Whoops sorry about that! :D

And no again (people have been PMing me all night if QVC HD and Outdoor Channel HD are coming tomorrow) the answer is NO, not this week, and I dont know when.

Might as well swtich now and avoid the rush, you wont see ESPN HD or AMC HD on Dish anytime soon.

And ya know that's a shame too... ESPNU HD is such a widely requested channel, its already givin in standard so HD isn't that much more of a push. As for AMC HD, well we all know most movies on it would still be in standard format so its not that big of a issue, but that ESPNU HD is very important, drives me insane to have to watch a football game on that channel. Wish Dish would allow you to switch it to a Alt channel in HD if it was showing for say a small few $$ fee.

And ya know that's a shame too... ESPNU HD is such a widely requested channel, its already givin in standard so HD isn't that much more of a push. As for AMC HD, well we all know most movies on it would still be in standard format so its not that big of a issue, but that ESPNU HD is very important, drives me insane to have to watch a football game on that channel. Wish Dish would allow you to switch it to a Alt channel in HD if it was showing for say a small few $$ fee.

A contract to carry it in SD is not one to carry it in HD. Until ESPN and Dish agree on a contract, ESPNU HD in any pricing format is not going to happen. There's a lawsuit going on. It seems highly unlikely that Dish and ESPN would enter into any sort of contract until that is resolved.

I noticed that the other site is reporting your news on these new channel without again giving proper credit and now the knuckle heads (meaning the staff there) are arguing that there is no such channel as EPIX2.

When will these guys learn that when it comes to dish news and rumors, this site scoops everyone else every time.

Thanks Scott for the info!

If EPIX2 does not exists, then it should be an East, West, North, or South feed.
One or the other.

ID HD would be nice.

I already have all my requested channels. Won't be disappointed if today's schedule is off.

Ok folks...

Looks like to celebrate Team Summit DISH Network will be launching some new national HD this Wednesday.

So the rumor is that the channels launching this week are as follows:

DIY HD
Investigation Discovery HD (forgot this one before)
Univision HD
Telefuture West HD
and EPIX2 HD.

They should be up by Wednesday by 5PM ET.

No QVC HD, Outdoor Channel HD or RFD HD this week. Now word now when they will launch or IF they will launch...

Nice list.....looking forward to EPIX2 since EPIX1 looks so nice......I have not watched ID in a while, but I might again if it is in HD......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)