Rumor, Unofficial, unconfirmed and unverified....Speculation on the next wave of...

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
This is just speculation but it seems like the next wave of channels for CVC will be NFL network, TCM and Discovery HD. Take it as a rumor and no timeframe is known.

I also heard something today from a friend who works on the inside, in his town they have added a few new HD channels the last week, but not available to customers yet he is beta testing.

Sounds good if true, but I do hope we get NFL HD as well for when the games are on. I would assume TCM was part of the TNT-HD carriage agreement.

liquidnw said:
I though Cv already carried TCM

They do on a few systems, where the channel was already carried and therefore grandfathered in, when CV purchased the cable system. I think Brookhaven and a couple in NJ carry the channel. The rest of the CV systems do not have the channel.

cforrest said:
They do on a few systems, where the channel was already carried and therefore grandfathered in, when CV purchased the cable system. I think Brookhaven and a couple in NJ carry the channel. The rest of the CV systems do not have the channel.

brooklyn/bronx got this channel when the YES network was added, this is back when msg, fox sports ny and yes were in the sports package for $4.95. TCM was added to family as msg and fsny was originally included in the family package so to compensate they added TCM

cforrest said:

We have had Turner Classic Movies in CT for as long as I can remember and Cablevision has been the cable company from day one.

Well, that good news for those who don't currently get TCM. On the other note does the NFL network talk also include the HD channel? Also for the person who said their friend saw a couple hd channels added in a town but only to some cv employees. Any ideas what those HD channels are?

This just came in:

Cablevision does not currently carry the NFL network. A media campaign launched by the NFL network may generate inquiries.

Cablevision customers will continue to receive all NY Jets and Giants home and away games as well as approximately 50 nationally televised regular season games, including all Sunday and Monday night games plus all play off games. In addition, unlike our competitors, we offer virtually every available game in HD at no extra charge. We are in conversations with the NFL network and are hopeful that we will reach an accommodation.

roachxp said:
I also heard something today from a friend who works on the inside, in his town they have added a few new HD channels the last week, but not available to customers yet he is beta testing.

Which ones are in beta?

MergaTroy6 said:
This just came in:

Cablevision does not currently carry the NFL network. A media campaign launched by the NFL network may generate inquiries.

Cablevision customers will continue to receive all NY Jets and Giants home and away games as well as approximately 50 nationally televised regular season games, including all Sunday and Monday night games plus all play off games. In addition, unlike our competitors, we offer virtually every available game in HD at no extra charge. We are in conversations with the NFL network and are hopeful that we will reach an accommodation.

I guess its good news that they are atleast talking to them or is that just what they want CS reps to say. Although they are right NY team fans won't miss any games but they just show they don't understand the NFL is a completely different animal to other sports. They fail to understand that football isn't all about just watching your home town team, hence the success of the NFL sunday ticket. I think cv has be softning in negotiations over the past year or so with OLN,SNY,etc or maybe its the FIOS treat. So hopefully this gets done before we start missing games. The earlier the better.

cforrest said:
Sounds good if true, but I do hope we get NFL HD as well for when the games are on. I would assume TCM was part of the TNT-HD carriage agreement.

i hope they get the nfl network

we need it

at least i do lol

Sean Mota said:
This is just speculation but it seems like the next wave of channels for CVC will be NFL network, TCM and Discovery HD. Take it as a rumor and no timeframe is known.

they added tnt hd

when can we expect discovery hd or any other new channles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)