Rumor: UT3 on Xbox 360, 90% complete

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
Rumor: UT3 on Xbox 360, 90% complete

Considering it's due on the Mac in early 2008, it shouldn't come as a surprise that the on-again, off-again Xbox 360 port of Epic's Unreal Tournament III isn't "on hold" any longer, and may even be as far along as 90% complete – if we're to believe a scanned image from a German gaming magazine. Our German is a bit rusty (read: nonexistent) but the folks from MaxConsole are saying the release is expected sometime around April of next year.

If accurate, that means the PS3 enjoys a four-or-so-month timed exclusivity, including the lucrative holiday season. Now, if only those pesky sales would pick up ...

Read an article somewhere that they wanted to bring mods to it too, but were still exploring ways how since Live is such a closed system.

Not sure how it could equal what the PC or now PS3 brings to the table given the current certification process.

Read an article somewhere that they wanted to bring mods to it too, but were still exploring ways how since Live is such a closed system.

Not sure how it could equal what the PC or now PS3 brings to the table given the current certification process.
I don't think it would be the same on live! Live just has to charge you for everything in the first place and just like you said it's a closed system.

that game and metal gear solid should be ported as of January 3, 2008 17.7 million xbox 360s are out there
Why turn away from that base of gamers with $$, it's just stupid not to port.

If it's not a sony company producing it why stay exclusive for more than a few months ?

I mean gears went to the PC but it was a year later and you need a 2000 dollar PC to run it worth a crap, lol

that game and metal gear solid should be ported as of January 3, 2008 17.7 million xbox 360s are out there

If it's not a sony company producing it why stay exclusive for more than a few months ?

I mean gears went to the PC but it was a year later and you need a 2000 dollar PC to run it worth a crap, lol

Metal gear solid Looks awesome! I can't wait for this one! PS3 or 360 which ever is first! which should be the PS3!:hungry:

Nice try, MGS4 won't come out for the 360.
It is PS3 Exclusive.
Confirmed at CES and it will also be compatible with the new Dual Shock 3 controller.
Link: Sony Touts Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Exclusivity At CES | Kotaku Australia

Edit: The game will be taking advantage of the SIXAXIS controller too, the 360 doesn't have that.

Yeap, the Video card alone is more expensive that an Xbox.

The same thing is happening with Crysis, I love that game but PC an Athlon X2 4400, with 4 Gigs Ram and God knows what else can barely move it. I already have Vista Ultimate, but tknow I have to spend over $400 on a new video card, and maybe a new MB,CPU and memory. Man PC components are ridiculous expensive, I was calculating the update that I "need", way over a $1k.:eek:

Companies should know better and give the customers the option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)