running both TV1 and TV2 to one tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

beauxp

Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
Can you run both tv1 and tv2 to a seperate tv so that you can choose between either tv1 or tv2 by changing the television's channel between 3 and 60?

Can you run both tv1 and tv2 to a seperate tv so that you can choose between either tv1 or tv2 by changing the television's channel between 3 and 60?

Are you trying to make TV1 and TV2 both available to two separate TVs? I suppose you can do that. You'd need a couple of splitters and an extra UHF remote.

Are you trying to make TV1 and TV2 both available to two separate TVs? I suppose you can do that. You'd need a couple of splitters and an extra UHF remote.

Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to do. Can you do this with just a standard splitter run in reverse. You know running to in's into the splitter (tv1 & tv2) and using the out from the splitter to go directly to the other tv

If you have both an A/V input (red, yellow, white) and an RF input on your TV, you can connect TV1 to A/V and TV2 by RF. Then switch back and forth using the input button on your remote.

Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to do. Can you do this with just a standard splitter run in reverse. You know running to in's into the splitter (tv1 & tv2) and using the out from the splitter to go directly to the other tv

You don't need a splitter.....if you have TV1 enabled in the modulator set up and you run in dual mode, you will have both TV1 and TV2 present in the TV2 rf output and you can change channel on the tv and see both. Extra bonus is that you can see the HD and OTA channels on TV2 ouput that way.

-Leon

thanks for the info. I don't have the hd version. I just have the 625 box. I am going to wait on the HD box when Dish gets themsleve together with wifi.

In response to the original question, that is exactly what I do, so the answer is yes. And yes, I use a splitter in reverse. And the reason I do it is so any of my several TVs can watch TV1 output or TV2 output. And furthermore, yes, you can use a TV2 remote and switch it back and forth beween TV1 address and TV2 address, as long as you have set the DVR to accept UHF Pro/IR both for TV1 control. It works like a peach, and gives me great flexibility.

You'll be waiting a long time for Dish WiFi, and missing out in the meantime. WiFi is a POTENTIAL means for internet access. Doubtful it will be for programming.

Dish Online, expected mid February, will allow you to plug in your ViP622 to your broadband internet connection via Ethernet (RJ-45). If they go with WiFi, it MIGHT be able to support Dish Online. I daresay Dish WiFi is at least a couple years away, and might never come to pass. It would only be for fairly heavily populated areas anyway.

You'll be waiting a long time for Dish WiFi, and missing out in the meantime. WiFi is a POTENTIAL means for internet access. Doubtful it will be for programming.

Dish Online, expected mid February, will allow you to plug in your ViP622 to your broadband internet connection via Ethernet (RJ-45). If they go with WiFi, it MIGHT be able to support Dish Online. I daresay Dish WiFi is at least a couple years away, and might never come to pass. It would only be for fairly heavily populated areas anyway.

Thanks for the info, but I used the wrong terms. What I meant to say was wireless home networking. Any info on this.

You don't need a splitter.....if you have TV1 enabled in the modulator set up and you run in dual mode, you will have both TV1 and TV2 present in the TV2 rf output and you can change channel on the tv and see both. Extra bonus is that you can see the HD and OTA channels on TV2 ouput that way.

-Leon

What about this on a 625 box? Is this possible?

You could use a splitter with tv 1 into one input and tv 2 into the other input then feed it to a splitter itself or use a splitter with more inputs to divide it up among the other televisions so that you have this functionality on all of the televisions. Have a room that cannot respond to the remote commands? Put the UHF antenna output into the multi-ported splitter too then use a splitter in that room using one side to connect a UHF antenna on it and the other side for the television.

Wireless home networking is here today. IMO, it does not work well, nor is it reliable. Some find it worth their while. Dish will not offer such a product, but you might get such a product working with Dish equipment. Good luck.

In response to the original question, that is exactly what I do, so the answer is yes. And yes, I use a splitter in reverse. And the reason I do it is so any of my several TVs can watch TV1 output or TV2 output. And furthermore, yes, you can use a TV2 remote and switch it back and forth beween TV1 address and TV2 address, as long as you have set the DVR to accept UHF Pro/IR both for TV1 control. It works like a peach, and gives me great flexibility.

Thank you for the information. This worked great.

This sounds interesting to me, mostly the UHF antenna bit, but my question is, do U use any splitter and just use the input as output and the outputs as inputs? or do I need a fancy diplexer one. I have a diplexer that has a VHF-UHF-FM in/out and a SS-1F Sat in/out, how do I use this???? thanks for the help

dmmedina -> I sent you a PM reply to your question. What I had explained above you do not use a diplexor, you use a splitter. A diplexor is used to bring in cable/antenna and satellite on the same cable to prevent a second cable run.

This sounds interesting to me, mostly the UHF antenna bit, but my question is, do U use any splitter and just use the input as output and the outputs as inputs? or do I need a fancy diplexer one. I have a diplexer that has a VHF-UHF-FM in/out and a SS-1F Sat in/out, how do I use this???? thanks for the help

I just used a splitter in reverse and this worked great. No problem with picture quality or anything. I have two splitters.

I run tv1 into a splitter the correct way from my 522. From the splitter 1 line goes to my tv and the other to another splitter run backwards so that it and tv2 are both connected to the outputs of thie second splitter and the single line goes to the by other tvs. Then you just chose either 3 or 60 for which receiver output you want.

I don't know about the antenna deal. Seems to me the best option there is to get a 6.2 remote

How do you control both the TV1 and TV2 from the remote tv location? I have the UHF remote that came with my 522.

To control both TV1 and TV2 from the remote tv location, you have to set up different remote control addresses for TV1 and TV2. To do this you go into the setup screen (press menu twice to get there the easy way) then near the bottom you will see the remote addresses for TV1 and TV2. You have to make them different. Read the manual for more details to change them.
Then, you can either get two UHF remotes and program one for TV1 address and the other for TV2, or you can use one and reprogram it back and forth as needed. The reprogramming just involves holding down the SAT button until all the lights blink, then pressing 1 # for example to set address 1, or 2 # to set address 2. (Assuming you can use address 1 and 2). Again the user manual has many more details, but this gives the basic idea.

A 6.2 remote will operate two satellite receivers or tv1 and tv2 from a dual tuner satellite receiver such as a 522/625 without the need of two remotes. SAT function operates one while AUX operates another. It will even operate a DP UHF receiver in one mode (such as 501, 508, 510, 721) and a DPP UHF receiver in another mode (522, 625, 622).

A 6.2 remote will operate two satellite receivers or tv1 and tv2 from a dual tuner satellite receiver such as a 522/625 without the need of two remotes. SAT function operates one while AUX operates another. It will even operate a DP UHF receiver in one mode (such as 501, 508, 510, 721) and a DPP UHF receiver in another mode (522, 625, 622).

I have a522 with the remotesthat came with the 522 as well as a 6.2 remote. I cannot get any of the remotes to control both tv1 and tv2 using the aux. I must be missing something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts