running both TV1 and TV2 to one tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just read in the 6.2 owner's manual and it states that you cannot operate UHF PRO signals in the AUX mode. It will only do IR and UHF Legacy (non UHF PRO) commands. I wonder if you could program TV2 into the SAT mode and TV1 into the AUX mode. Doing this you could operate TV1 in the room that the receiver is at and TV2 in any other room of the house. If you want to do TV1 and TV2 functions in all rooms and what I just mentioned is possible then maybe a UHF Legacy upgrade kit will work to allow you to operate TV 1 in other rooms as well with the same remote in AUX mode.

I just read in the 6.2 owner's manual and it states that you cannot operate UHF PRO signals in the AUX mode. It will only do IR and UHF Legacy (non UHF PRO) commands. I wonder if you could program TV2 into the SAT mode and TV1 into the AUX mode. Doing this you could operate TV1 in the room that the receiver is at and TV2 in any other room of the house. If you want to do TV1 and TV2 functions in all rooms and what I just mentioned is possible then maybe a UHF Legacy upgrade kit will work to allow you to operate TV 1 in other rooms as well with the same remote in AUX mode.

I have read that in the book for the 6.2 as well. I was wondering the same thing as you. I tried it and it will not work. Others on the forum have confirmed that this does not work. Oh well, was worth a try.

If you have a DishPro Plus receiver (dual tuner), in dual mode, then....

(1) You can use 6.3 IR/UHF PRO Remote 2 (blue chip with the 2 on it) to control TV2 from anywhere in the house, while in SAT Mode; and
(2) You can use 6.3 IR/UHF PRO Remote 2 (blue chip with the 2 on it) to control TV1 while in the same room, while in AUX Mode, and provided you program the AUX Mode button as a Dish Receiver Remote.

NOTES:
(1) The 6.2 is suppose to be the same as the 6.3.
(2) Programming AUX Mode: Press 0 for a 2nd TV; Press 1 for a second VCR, tuner, or amplifier; and Press 3 for a 2nd Dish Satellite Receiver. See 622 manual, bottom of Page 81 and top of Page 82, for the rest of the steps.
(3) When in AUX Mode, the remote will send out IR and UHF signals, but since the 622 TV1 does not use UHF signals, you will have to be in the same room for the IR signals.

Too bad you can not Press 4 for IR and UHF PRO signals.:D

Last edited:
So it seems that having to be in the same room to use TV1 in AUX mode is where the Legacy UHF upgrade kit would in handy and that you could not get the UHF PRO upgrade kit as it is not supported in AUX mode.

easiest thing to do is get a uhf/vhf combiner connect channel 3 to the uhf and tv2 output to the vhf and take the output and watch tv on channel 3 and 21 .
if you have a 622 you can get tv1 on channel 21 tv2 on channel 22and put like a vcr on channel 3 throughout the house by just using uhf/vhf spliiter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts