Running debug

mahogany

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
I tried to run a debug using the instructions from the manual, all it does is start TT. What is supposed to do when you run a debug. I get no reports.

mahogany said:
I tried to run a debug using the instructions from the manual, all it does is start TT. What is supposed to do when you run a debug. I get no reports.

I think it creates more entries in the LOG file but I am not positive.

I am sure a TT rep will explain more...

debug files

The debug creates a file in the root of the drive it's installed on (in most cases C:\). Here are the instructions from the current TimeTrax Recast documentation:
To create a Debug File start TimeTrax this way:
  1. Start - Run - Type In: CMD (press enter)
  2. In the dos box type: cd\ (press enter)
  3. Then type: cd program files\timetrax recast (press enter)
  4. Type: timetrax.exe /debug (press enter) Let TimeTrax Recast run for a while.
Let it capture some files and produce the error you are experiencing. On your C drive in the root directory there will be a .txt file that TimeTrax creates.
The debug mode is simply writing a verbose log file that provides detailed information about what the software is doing. In regular operating mode, there is lots of information in a debug log that just isn't necessary and probably not very interesting to anyone! The log file is written as a plain text file so you can pop it open easily using notepad or word to review the information that we are using to help troubleshoot your problem.
David K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)