RV Trav'ler and DISH configuration

Breweraz

Original poster
Feb 27, 2018
Mesa Arizona
I am interested in the following set up for my RV and trying to see if this will work.

Winegard Trav'ler for DISH
Hopper 3
Wireless Dish tower to broadcast to each TV
Wireless Joeys. (one for each if needed) 2 TVs are inside the rig and one is outside in compartment.

I understand that for the Winegard to work with a Hopper 3 I will need the DHP kit installed/

WIll the rest work in an RV with 3 TVs allowing DVR and different TV channel viewing of DISH standard and premium packages i.e. HBO, Cinemax, etc. ??

Thanks

Tim

It is better to use the Hybrid DPH42 switch instead of changing the Trav'ler LNBF to a hybrid model. Costs a little more, works a lot better.

I use two Joeys but I use re-functioned internal coax on my trailer and HDMI splitters in my motorhome.

My equipment in the motorhome is mounted in the bedroom cabinet and drives the main TV via a HDMI cable that is also split to the front TV. A Joey in the same cabinet is connected to the bedroom TV. The external TV is connected to a Joey also in the bedroom cabinet and HDMI connected to the external TV.

In the trailer, the Hopper 3 in in the living room cabinet driving the main TV. The bedroom TV has it Joey in its cabinet and it connected using the old OTA cable that runs from the living room to bedroom cabinets. The third Joey is used outside with coax cables added for the purposed to the outside.

I am in the impression that wireless Joeys are supposed to be just one per Hopper. I am not an excited user of wireless in crowded electrical environments like an RV.

... I am in the impression that wireless Joeys are supposed to be just one per Hopper. I am not an excited user of wireless in crowded electrical environments like an RV.

IIRC the limit is 3 Wireless Joeys per Access Point and two access points per Hopper3.

Reactions: pattykay
The reason I am looking at wireless is distance. We have a front living room model with the main TV and access point in the front the bedroom in the rear so the distance is a linear 30 ft and the outdoor TV even farther. So if I think about the run almost double that. So a lot of HDMI. I am hoping the wireless will work but a big investment to find out I am barking up the wrong tree.

JSheridan - Thanks for the clarification on the 3 wireless Joey per Access Point and one access point per hopper 3.

Thanks

Tim

IIRC the limit is 2 access points. If I'm not recalling correctly I'm sure HipKat will correct me. :)

I've personally never installed more than 1 access point per Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)